• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The DTD file is invalid

P

projectandrew

Just upgraded to Plesk 8.0 - when using the Migration Manager to move some sites from a Cpanel server, I get the message 'The DTD file is invalid'. When migrating sites from the same host pre-upgrade it worked fine.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by projectandrew
Just upgraded to Plesk 8.0 - when using the Migration Manager to move some sites from a Cpanel server, I get the message 'The DTD file is invalid'. When migrating sites from the same host pre-upgrade it worked fine.

Any thoughts?

Seems to be just a bug (I've seen couple of such before, in the 7.5 releases). Try to contact support team.

I've submitted a ticket - how long should I expect to get a reply?

not sure, I am able to get passed the DTD error however when I select an account to transfer I get another message now:

Error during dump retrieval

Error during dump file retrieving.
Remote agent failed with the following stderr messages: stdin: is not a tty

13:16:19 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
13:16:19 INFO FILE storage initialized.
13:16:19 INFO Base directory: /backup/migration/supervisor.14291
13:16:19 INFO Gzip bundles: yes
13:16:19 INFO Bundle split size: 1073741824
13:16:19 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
13:16:19 DEBUG Tar bundle. id=cgi_domain_username:gzipped, destFile=/backup/migration/supervisor.14291/cgi_domain_fusername
Bad file descriptor: dup2( 12, 1001 ) at Storage/FileStorage.pm line 99
at Storage/FileStorage.pm line 99

They are saying that a new patch will be available that will fix this.

the update was applied to my machine however we are back where we started, I am once again getting the DTD error.

I noticed new patches got posted again recently - I can now select a site to migrate, but now get the following error messages during migration:

Failed validation of the document with external DTD /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/cPanel9/control/cPanel9.dtd. The errors are: No declaration for attribute cid_inbox of element mailnameNo declaration for attribute cid_inbox of element mailnameNo declaration for attribute cid_inbox of element mailnameNo declaration for attribute cid_inbox of element mailnameNo declaration for attribute cid_inbox of element mailname.

Someone please fix the migration manager!

swsoft said the hotfix was supposed to be released last week but I haven't seen any releases. I've been waiting on this to move clients over from a cpanel server.

I've had a support ticket open, and they've been installing updated patches, but I still get various errors when transferring from cPanel... I'm currently experimenting to work out where it's failing.

Conclusion?

Did anyone get past the DTD errors? Is anyone else still experiencing this?

I have this and its May 18th:
Failed validation of the document with external DTD /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.dtd. The errors are: Element server content does not follow the DTD, expecting (db-server+ , key*), got (key key key ).

Thanks.
-Ian

Back