• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The FTP command execution timed-out.

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
My customers are constantly getting the error
" FTP error: An unknown error has occurred. The FTP command execution timed-out." when they try to publish. Most times the server load is very light but the error still comes up and they cant publish their work.

Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Check for similar exceptions in %SB_DIR%\_logs\application.log file

i looked at the log and this is what i saw relating to the failure error;

2008-03-27 02:28:34,573 [5] ERROR SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.PublishUtil - Unknown error occured
SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.PublishException: Publish failed: unknown exception ---> Xceed.Ftp.FtpTimeoutException: The FTP command execution timed-out.
at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommand.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.ChangeCurrentFolder(String folder)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.XceedFtpClient.ChDirToBaseDir()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.XceedFtpClient.Upload(String path)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass10.<OpenForWriting>b__f()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ProtocolAdapter.Invoke[T](ObjectMethodInvoker fun)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FtpResources.FtpAdapter.OpenForWriting(String fileName)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceFile.Open(FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.ResourceHelper.Copy(IResourceItem source, IResourceItem target)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.FileResources.FileResourceItem.CopyTo(IResourceItem target)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceReplicator.Replicate(IResourceFolder source, IResourceFolder target, ReplicationPolicy policy)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Repository.Resources.ResourceReplicator.Replicate(IResourceFolder source, IResourceFolder target, ReplicationPolicy policy)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.DynamicSitePublisher.OnPublish(PublishSession publishSession, CheckResult cr)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.SitePublisher.Publish(PublishSession publishSession)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.PublishSiteCommand.<Run>b__0()
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.PublishHelper.CheckPublishExceptions(CheckPublishExceptionsMethod a_method)
at SWsoft.SiteBuilder.BO.Facade.Publish.PublishSiteCommand.Run()
--- End of inner exception stack trace --

but i dont know what to make of it, i know it's not a network problem as i sometimes get the error publishing locally on the server.

I get the same error

only it started when I put a hardware firewall. Did you find any answers?

No nothing yet, but i dont think this just an hardware firewall issue since i got the same error working at the console. I could have sworn i read somewhere on how to increase the ftp timeout but i cant locate it anymore

I have made that change before so i know it is not the problem. and i double checked to make sure it is still there.

Maybe your error is due to the information supplied, for the first step this is how i enterd it <add key="PreconfiguredUrl" value="http://yourservername.yourdomain.com:80/sites"/>

I didnt bother completing the second step but i do have an entry in hosts file binding my private IP address to the hostname of my server.

Found the issue with Internal Server Error

When I pasted in the second part to allow NAT, there was period at the end of the line and that was giving me fits.

I have paid for a dance with Parllels to fix this. I will let you know if they are able to. So far they are living down to their reputation for support. :(

Dawn

Guys, please let me know if any assistance required here. DawnMccarroll, do you have ticket created with Parallels? Let me know how everything goes. By the way, it is recommended to install latest hotfix which could be applyed through Autoupdater section in Sitebuilder admin CP.

Autoupdater no longer works for SiteBuilder and I cannot upgrade since the site templates do not work for the newest version. If I did not have clients using the current version, I would drop this lease ASAP. Has any progress been made on this issue?

Can you please post a ticket to get support on this issue?

If I do that, I will have to pay for a ticket to fix a bug that is obviously known by Parallels since I was told by Parallels that they know about the bug and are going to fix it. It has been a month or two now (probably longer for the existence of the bug) and I don't know how long it will take for the developers to fix this issue(s), but I have a real ethical stricture against enabling other people to scam me out of money.

Back