• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The Support Request icon in the control panel

N

nhouse

Sorry if this is a simple question... but when you click on the lifesaver icon in the admin section of the control panel, it takes you to a email request form at the Plesk support site. I looked over things on that page and it doesn't say anything about money. Is this truly a free service to licensed clients? Just don't want to point and click before I know what's up!

Thanks!

ADDED : Ok, I went back and read some more stuff on their website... it says they provide 30 day support for new clients. I suppose this is for installations like GoDaddy uses too?

No. They will tell you to go through godaddy first for support. if godaddy cant fix it, they can contact swsoft since they are the one's who own the license on your server.

Ahhhhhhhhh... thanks again. I actually have sent in a trouble ticket to the GoDaddy folks... now if I can just quietly wait.

:(

Heh... if the ticket don't get a response by the morning... the LOUD stuff starts then ;)

More detail for those who might like to know...

Talking to one of the GoDaddy techs on the phone last night, I was told that the missing start, stop, restart icons in the Service Management area for Qmail was something that happens with the upgrade from version 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 of Plesk. He suggested they may have done this on purpose for some reason. It kind of looks like a bug to me though.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

It's a bug. Under virtuozzo, courier-imap runs as part of xinetd rather than as its own service like in standard Plesk. It should be fixed in 7.5.4 when released in a few weeks.

Hey there... thanks for the info. As far as you know, does this bug have any adverse effects on SMTP service?

None at all ... just means you can't restart courier-imap via the control panel. I'd also advise removing qmail_check from /etc/crontab and restarting qmail, it's a very problematic script in my experience (only found in virtuozzo-plesk, not standard plesk).

Actually .... ignore my comments about courier-imap. I just realised you said qmail, which should show in the control panel service management. If you tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog to see if mail's running fine that's the best thing to do.

Thanks... I'll do that after I use it for a day or so. Right now I only have a couple of email accounts on it.

There is no sucj bug that im aware of. I upgraded from 7.5.2 - 7.5.3 and ALL of my services show up normailly in Plesk Service Management.

Interesting... I wonder if it has some connection with having a Virtuozzo / Plesk set up. I know that some of the updates listed won't work because they report that my version of Virtuozzo is to old. Of course in this case I have no control over that... GoDaddy does.

Be that as it may, the start, stop, restart icons aren't working in the control panel. I can however start and stop from a command line.

Makes ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Could be a virtuozzo thing... But at least eveything works otherwise.

To be honest, once you get the hang of things, you'll probably never use those buttons to stop/start services. I know I rarely do.

Back