• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Title tag

S

snyhof

<title>Untitled Document</title>

With the next versions of SB, is there plans to include the Title tag - separate from the page name?

In Google, the title tag is very important - selling websites can only happen when clients know that they can be found in Google and other search engines.

<title>Untitled Document</title>

With the next versions of SB, is there plans to include the Title tag - separate from the page name?

In Google, the title tag is very important - selling websites can only happen when clients know that they can be found in Google and other search engines.

I agree with snyhof

This is a MAJOR issue

When i try and sell a site, i know full well that SB isn't search engine friendly in certain areas.

Controlling the page name and page title is cruicial for seach engine optimisation.
there are only 4 major issues with SB:
1. Controlling page Name
2. Controlling page title (option to override default title)
3. Sub pages more than one level deep (repeater within a repeater)
4. Templates should not have expandable width (they should be fixed to about 800px)

Get these sorted and its amazing.

Some information related to these points:

1. It is possible to change page files names in current Plesk Sitebuilder for Linux/Unix version and it is planned to add the same functionality in next 4.2.2 update. But can not say for sure when it will be ready.
2. Currently, page title can be changed on Edit step in Wizard. But it will include site name anyway. Plesk Sitebuilder developers are aware about this situation and working on it. It will be improved in future Sitebuilder versions.
3. This is true but it is planned to implement deeper sub pages structure into Sitebuilder in future versions.
4. As I know there should be some changes in future related to template width but can not say for sure now exact information.

I agree with snyhof

Controlling the page name and page title is cruicial for seach engine optimisation.
there are only 4 major issues with SB:
1. Controlling page Name
2. Controlling page title (option to override default title)
3. Sub pages more than one level deep (repeater within a repeater)
4. Templates should not have expandable width (they should be fixed to about 800px)

Get these sorted and its amazing.

Back