1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

tomcat and jsp

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rumman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. rumman

rumman Guest

i am at my wits end with trying to run my java applications on plesk 7.5.

jsp files compile but come up with a blank result. if I only include html statements in the jsp it shows them. but any java code inside <% > brackets, or any <jsp:useBean> type commands don't execute at all.

i have set security permissions to java.security.AllPermission for the /var/cache/tomcat4/ ... toplevel folder. i have set AllPermission for my specific war file. Tried almost everything that this forum advises. But to no avail.

when i copy the examples.war to one of my domains, it works. so i took just the number guess application out of it and made a war file and uploaded it. it doesn't work. the jsp compiles with the bean creation code, but when i run the app nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks
    Rumman

2. kosepusen

kosepusen Guest

What url are you using to access the war file?

3. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    I'm having a similar problem. I have uploaded a WAR file, and apart from Plesk reporting:

"Actual status of the application does not correspond to the status retrieved from the database."

I'm just getting blank pages. I've gone through some history of Tomcat problems on this site and it doesn't look like there are any conclusive answers to various Tomcat issues.

4. kosepusen

kosepusen Guest

What does your tomcat log file say?

5. eugenevdm

68%
    If you are referring to:

/var/log/tomcat5/localhost_log.2006-04-17.txt

there no information.

EDIT:

Somewhere else on this forum I was told to use "unpackWARs='true'". I changed that to false, and also added this line:

<Alias>
    tld.com
    </Alias> in the <Host> section and now I can see the page.

6. eugenevdm

68%
    How can I troubleshoot a 404 in Tomcat, where is the log file?

7. kosepusen

kosepusen Guest

404 is different, i though you were getting blank pages.

/var/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

What is the url you are using to access the pages?

8. raybristol

raybristol Guest

I also having problem using JSP, can I have your msn to discuss, as I have no one to work with in the office, mine is ruihull AT hotmail.com, thanks.