• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat problem

S

suresh

Sir/Madam,

Plesk tomcat is not working. So, we (administrator)are manually uploading the war files. Is there any solution to up the tomcat service for domain users.

Your suggestions is highly appreciated

Regards
suresh

suresh,

Make sure that the domain name that you are trying to install tomcat war to via plesk is actually resolving to your server and not someone elses.

We had same problem because of DNS issues and once domain name resolves to correct IP we had to restart plesk to fix tomcat issue..

Thanks,
Dave

tomcat error

Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your response.
Our dns is resolging properly.

The error we get when we enable the tomcat in domain user logon is

Unable to turn Tomcat Service on: tomcatmng:insstall_vhost()failed: tomcatmng failed: Run-Time error: Can't find Engine PSA
at (TomcatManager::installVHost line 209)

at execute console command -install-vhost(vconsoleapp::start line 124)
at execute "C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\tomcatmang.exe" "-install-vhost"
"-vhost-name=consultantpj.com" "-alias=www.consultantpj.com"(vconsoleapp::run line 134)

suresh,

Did you remove tomcat from Plesk Add / Remove programs and re-install ? I done this and it resulted in a broken tomcat install for existing sites because it doesn't regenerate password file.

I was able to fix by running following commands.

First of all, logout Plesk and start MySQL, where you should run the
commands:

delete from webapps where domain_service_id=(
select id from domainservices where type='tomcat' and dom_id=(select id
from domains where name='consultantpj.com'));

delete from domainservices where type='tomcat' and dom_id=(select id
from domains where name='consultantpj.com');

Then run Plesk and follow: domains -> domain_name -> Tomcat -> enable

Thanks,
Dave

suresh,

Just realised your on plesk 7.

We use 7.5.4 so I am not sure if those commands will work on plesk 7.

Perhaps you should contact Plesk support to make sure those commands will work and won't damage something on plesk 7.

Thanks,
Dave

Dear sir/Madam (webhostireland2)

Thanks for your reply and i also want to thank you because you are spending your valuable time to guide me.

My plesk tomcat is not broken as said by you. i did not add or remove tomcat features.

Thanks for your reply
suresh

Back