• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Total Backup

A

asmarterhost

Can some one please tell me on detail how to install total back up http://www.4psa.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=14&c=root This isnt good enough i would like to know what directory it has to be installed in and how i can install it commands and etc...

If someone can tell me how to install total backup n a more detailed way that would be great.

My server admins usually do it but, i wanted to give this a shot myself as they are very busy.

Thanks For your time

logon 4psa site and cut and paste the correct link location

login with ssh

3. wget <link_location>

and execute it. The product arhieve will be downloaded to your server.

4. Untar the product archive with:

tar -zxf <downloaded_file>

5. Change to the new created directory with:

cd <new_directory>

6. Review install release notes that contain the detailed installation instructions:

less install.txt

7. sh install.sh

answer the questions and you're done. You can access totalbackup in you Plesk panel.

Originally posted by eilko

5. Change to the new created directory with:

cd <new_directory>

Okay what directory should i create and where?

Thanks for your reply

asmarterhost,

the untar command will create a new directory - so you'll change to that directory.

I'd advise to type in "dir" to see what the name of the directory is and then "cd" into that directory.

Thanks

Thanks for everyones help, the installation was easy. I have two last questions...

If i set the backup cycle to 7 what does that mean if i set it to 2 would it make a difference.

Why is that the backup took 2 hours the first time and the 2nd time it took the same amount of time, shouldnt it be faster for the incramental backups.

MY ftp validation continues to fail eventhough the files were transfered to the back up server? Any reason why

Thanks

Yeah

Hello,

Yeah it does but the people here can help out much quicker and better. Maybe i was wrong.

By the way if you read the forum category title it was how do I? so you can get help on anything plesk related. There are many great people here, who are very help and i would rather communicate with them.

Thanks

of course you can ask about addons and basic linux things here and we are glad to help you, but can we ask sometimes some little favours in return? Reading a manual or FAQ e.g.?

Back