• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Totally lost with mailman

D

Dawn

I've installed Plesk 8.3 on a Debian Etch Server including the mailman support (and my license supports mailman). I can create mailinglists, adding email-addresses to it, but when I sent a mail to the list, I don't get the mail. I've checked the mail logs but there seems everything ok. Then I checked the logs of mailman:

--------------->
Feb 23 00:56:01 2008 mailmanctl(5224): PID unreadable in: /var/run/mailman/mailman.pid
Feb 23 00:56:01 2008 mailmanctl(5224): [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/run/mailman/mailman.pid'
Feb 23 00:56:01 2008 mailmanctl(5224): Is qrunner even running?
--------------->

When I try to start mailman with "/etc/init.d/mailman start" I get the following error messages:

--------------->
* Site list for mailman (usually named mailman) missing.
* Please create it; until then, mailman will refuse to start.
--------------->

Then I read http://kb.swsoft.com/article_61_1639_en.html but a "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/rmlist mailman" gives me:

--------------->
No such list (or list already deleted): mailman
--------------->

But there is no Mailman Option under "Server". The module is installed.

So I tried to find a solution since hours, but now I'm feeling totally lost because I don't get it to work and my best customer really needs mailing-list.

So it would be really really great if anybody here can help me...

Best regards,
Dawn

About button: if "Set Up Mailman"-button doesn't show you may create mailman list manualy, using the next command:
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/newlist mailman ADMIN_EMAIL ADMIN_PASSWORD

Thanks a lot, this worked :) After that I could start Mailman via "/etc/init.d/mailman start".

Best regards,
Andy

Back