1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

trafiic limit is preserved?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tolis, Oct 27, 2005.

1. tolis

tolis Guest

Hi all
    one of my resellers has this problem.The template he uses to create a domain has a 1 gb limit traffic, however it is never used. I have given him a limit of say 30 gb.This means he can make 30 domains ?.Is the traffic like a reservation regardless if you use it or no?<b>If yes is there a way for plesk to amount only the actuall bandwidth of the domains used and not the limit?</b>
    thanks
    tolis

2. poke

poke Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this makes sense. Why would you want the domain to take the bandwidth variable from the amount of bandwidth being used.

Oh, lol, i just read your post again, I beleive the hosting templates just use soft limits.

3. tolis

tolis Guest

can you explain soft limits?
    thanks for replying

4. poke

poke Guest

A hard limit would stop when the client reaches their limit, a soft limit is a number, but when the client reaches the limit, plesk still allows resource usage.

5. tolis

tolis Guest

so if your clients has a limit of 5gb and he makes 10 domains that each have 500kb traffic limit he cannot actually make another domain right?

6. poke

poke Guest

incorrect, the client can create as many domains as you allow him to.