• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

trafiic limit is preserved?

T

tolis

Hi all
one of my resellers has this problem.The template he uses to create a domain has a 1 gb limit traffic, however it is never used. I have given him a limit of say 30 gb.This means he can make 30 domains ?.Is the traffic like a reservation regardless if you use it or no?<b>If yes is there a way for plesk to amount only the actuall bandwidth of the domains used and not the limit?</b>
thanks
tolis

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this makes sense. Why would you want the domain to take the bandwidth variable from the amount of bandwidth being used.

Oh, lol, i just read your post again, I beleive the hosting templates just use soft limits.

A hard limit would stop when the client reaches their limit, a soft limit is a number, but when the client reaches the limit, plesk still allows resource usage.

so if your clients has a limit of 5gb and he makes 10 domains that each have 500kb traffic limit he cannot actually make another domain right?

incorrect, the client can create as many domains as you allow him to.

Back