• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

transfer mail users from server with vmailmgr to plesk

P

perler

hi,

i have an old server on which virtual mail accounts has been managed by qmail/vmailmgr. mail user passwords are stored in a passwd.cdb file in the root of each domain. is there any chance to take over the users with passwords to plesk?

PAT

Hi,
excuse me for dragging this old thread to daylight again, but I actually have the same problem now. We have a server running with vmailmgr and would like to switch to Plesk. Perler, did you find a solution back then?

Greetings
MisterX

no, i ended up creating the accounts by hand. plesk comes with some handy command line scripts for semi-automatiing the task. have a look into the online docs.

PAT

Hi again,
so does it mean that you lost the password information, too? I guess creating those accounts with a script will not be too hard. But telling everyone a new password, because I cannot transfer the old ones would be tedious. I will loose the passwords, will I?

Greetings
MisterX

OK, at least I know now.
Thanks a lot for the information!
Greeting
MisterX

Back