1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

transfer mail users from server with vmailmgr to plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by perler, Sep 3, 2005.

1. perler

perler Guest

hi,

i have an old server on which virtual mail accounts has been managed by qmail/vmailmgr. mail user passwords are stored in a passwd.cdb file in the root of each domain. is there any chance to take over the users with passwords to plesk?

PAT

2. openairhoster

openairhoster Guest

Hi,
    excuse me for dragging this old thread to daylight again, but I actually have the same problem now. We have a server running with vmailmgr and would like to switch to Plesk. Perler, did you find a solution back then?

Greetings
    MisterX

3. perler

perler Guest

no, i ended up creating the accounts by hand. plesk comes with some handy command line scripts for semi-automatiing the task. have a look into the online docs.

PAT

4. openairhoster

openairhoster Guest

Hi again,
    so does it mean that you lost the password information, too? I guess creating those accounts with a script will not be too hard. But telling everyone a new password, because I cannot transfer the old ones would be tedious. I will loose the passwords, will I?

Greetings
    MisterX

5. perler

perler Guest

yep you will, at least i did ;)

6. openairhoster

openairhoster Guest

OK, at least I know now.
    Thanks a lot for the information!
    Greeting
    MisterX