• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfering domains between clients.

G

Greg-J

I realize it might be a unique position to be in, but I am in one where I fund myself needing to move a site from one client to another. I have found no easy way to do this, but would be grateful if anyone could point me to a possibly solution.

I'm using FC2 with Plesk 7.5.x Reloaded

This might not be the easiest way but i been doing it this way for years.

If you have phpmyadmin installed on server go there and sign into it as with your plesk admin info.

Then.

1) Navigate to the psa database
2) Browse the ‘clients’ table and find the client you want to move TO and write down ID number.
3) Browse the ‘domains’ table and find the domains you want to move and edit the records. Simply just update the ‘cl_id’ field to the ID you wrote down from last step
4) Save the records you have edited and your done.

Or another way: /usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u domain.com -clogin client_login

Originally posted by smtalk
Or another way: /usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u domain.com -clogin client_login

what does client_login stand for? the login name or loginname_password? Could you give an example using ficticous domain / login / pass? thank you very much.

Lets say you have the client...

Client Name: John Smith
Client Company: Smith Industries
Client Login: j_smith_ind
domian to move: domain.com

so...

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u domain.com -clogin j_smith_ind

hope that helps ;)

Originally posted by Matt.D
Lets say you have the client...

Client Name: John Smith
Client Company: Smith Industries
Client Login: j_smith_ind
domian to move: domain.com

so...

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u domain.com -clogin j_smith_ind

If you are going to run it as an SSH command, which is a good idea because it is a one line command, make sure you single quote or double quote both the domain and the client login name. This will help avoid errors especially if the login name has a space.

so...

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u 'domain.com' -clogin 'j_smith_ind'

I used the command line to make the change and it was successful, however there is an issue now.

When the storage and bandwidth limits are calculated, the site that I moved counts towards the old clients limits and not towards the new clients limits.

Any suggestions?

Back