• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transferring from Plesk 8.1 -- HELP!

T

tutt

Hello,
I've got a big client that I need to transfer onto a new machine. He is on a Plesk 8.1 machine in a different datacenter. Can someone point me to any standardized information on doing a transfer from 8.1 to 8.3? The client is running SQL Server and I need to get those databases transferred without any problems also so any help on that end would be helpful.

Also, the client claims that the timestamps for certain folders and directories need to be retained. Does anyone have recommendations on what type of software I could use to copy back over these folders after I complete the transfer with the file modification and creation dates in tact from the old server?

I am hoping to get this done as smoothly as possible.

Ok, assuming I can't wait that long, what are my best options right now?

Any updates on this? When will the migration manager be available?

Also, I am confused as to the MSSQL server installation. I chose for Plesk to use SQL server. I also want to be able to transfer the SQL server databases over from the old server. Do I need the power pack to do this? Or should I just install SQL Server Express?

Also, I am confused as to the MSSQL server installation. I chose for Plesk to use SQL server. I also want to be able to transfer the SQL server databases over from the old server. Do I need the power pack to do this? Or should I just install SQL Server Express?

Excuse me, I'm unsure I understand you properly.

Yep, you are able to transfer the SQL server databases over from the old server. How to do it please read documentation which I mentioned in the prior post.

You need buy PowerPack license option to manage the SpamAssassin, Application Pack, Helpdesk, Tomcat, ColdFusion, and MSSQL.
SpamAssassin, Helpdesk, Tomcat, MSDE 2000 and MS SQL Express 2005 are shipped with Plesk.

Ok, that is what I was asking. I've got the MSSQL server add-on. So it is express edition? If I install Enterprise edition, I assume Plesk will pick it up and support it? This is what is running on the old server and since I have a dual processor, dual core machine with 4GB of RAM, I want MSSQL server to support it (which the express edition doesn't as far as I am aware?).

I tried to use the backup tool on the 8.1 server and got this warning:

"unable to get virtual host performance parameters"

After I choose to ignore and continue, it alerts me that an unhandled exception has occured and terminates the backup.

What could the problem be?

And here is the full error:

Error in execute ''websrvmng' --get-subdomain-performance "--vhost-name=lmmr-hardwood.com" "--subdomain=blog"':
No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (Error code 1332) at LookupAccountName for name 360PIX\markr

Before backing up make sure you use the Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk installation, to ensure your system is fault free before backing up.

Moving MSSQL databases is the baine of my life currently.

And here is the full error:

Error in execute ''websrvmng' --get-subdomain-performance "--vhost-name=lmmr-hardwood.com" "--subdomain=blog"':
No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (Error code 1332) at LookupAccountName for name 360PIX\markr

There was similar issue in Plesk 8.1.0 and was fixed in Plesk 8.1.1? What's exact version of Plesk you are trying to backup?
Please check Plesk 8.1.x latest upsates here Parallels Plesk Patches

Back