• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tried Upgrading to Sitebuilder 4

E

eddie69

I just ventured the Upgrade and surprisingly the process went smooth even though it took over 3 hours.
Now, my sitebuilder will not work at all, figures! I used the autoinstaller and it did not encounter any error through the process making me believe I succeeded for a change.
I am rushing with my host to figure out waht went wrong, hopefully something simple, but I doubt it.

Just to let you guys know.

Me again

I found the problem, the upgrade changed my hostname in the config file located in /usr/local/sitebuilder on FC4.
Added another DNS Record for the new hostname and it works pretty good.

FYI

I found the problem, the upgrade changed my hostname in the config file located in /usr/local/sitebuilder on FC4.
You must have manually edited utils/sitebuilder.conf. During the installation it was replaced with the new version.
If you want to change hostname consider using sb_config --sb_hostname instead.

Hey, what am I supposed to do with the autoinstaller file?... it has no extension after downloading it.

filname - psa_installer_v3.2.0_build070626.19_os_CentOS_4.3_x86_64

thought it would have .tar.gz or .rpm or something

This is a binary file.
Just simply run it "./psa_installer_v3.2.0_build070626.19_os_CentOS_4.3_x86_64"
It can download & install necessary packages (rpm, deb)

Good luck :)

thanks for the replies... I tried that and get permission denied.

double checked permissions
it's at 755

I'm trying to to it from my /tmp folder does it matter where the file is when I execute it?

I'm trying to to it from my /tmp folder does it matter where the file is when I execute it?
/tmp is often mounted noexec. Try moving the file to your home dir and running it from there

yep, that was it.. Ran it from my /usr/local/sitebuilder folder and it ran fine.

Although I get an error saying my license can't be upgraded... which is bunk because I just spent $200usd a week ago for version 3 and according to SWsoft i'm entitled to upgrades for a year.

sending them a support ticket.

Thanks for your help.

cnote - reply

I have the same problems: the mentioning of not having the right license keys, with possibilities to upgrade.

Indeed, complete rubbish: most of us bought 3.0.x in the past year and the upgrade possibility was included during a period of one year, as measured from the moment of purchase.

Keep sending the tickets, you all!

By the way, most of the update problems of plesk 811 to 820 are resulting from that error from swsoft, the one in which updates are being stopped/handled incorrectly * due to sitebuilder license key problems *

another reason to notify them....

Back