• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

trouble with banner images

O

om4knowledge

In regard to template id: xbs-07

I uploaded a banner for a client. The works fine, but the background image come up missing.
If (in firefox) I right click on the missing background image and select "View Background Image" it takes me to my admin screen.

FYI: This is the first time that we've tried to use a banner with this template so I don't know if this is a 4.5 issue or template related.

Any wisdom and assistance would be appreciated.

I could reproduce this case also. It seems situation related to template itself, but not sure. I have reported this situation to Sitebuilder developers and will keep this thread updated with any news. For now, you can try to use one of the default banners or different template for the site.

Patch

It looks like this situation related to Sitebuilder itself. I have been provided with patch for this case. The thing is that during uploading custom banner not only banner image is deleted right now, but all images. That is why background images are lost in this case. In the attachment you can find the patch which should resolve this issue. Archive sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz includes following files:

<sb_root>/include/SB/Actions/Wizard/Design.php
<sb_root>/include/SB/Site/PublicationList.php
<sb_root>/include/SB/Views/Wizard/Design.php

Before applying patch make a copy of these files just in case.
After that apply patch with the following commands:

#tar -zxvf sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz -C <sb_root>

Let me know about the results.

Attachments

• sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz
    53.2 KB · Views: 36
Thanks.
Backups complete.
from what directories shall I upload the patch.
and should i run the command from the same directory?

not sure if related
template: aa-13
allows a custom banner upload, but it appears to replace the banner AND the banner background both with the same image

This situation related to the same issue. Just upload sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz file to some directory on your Sitebuilder server and run following command from this directory:

tar -zxvf sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz -C <sb_root>

where <sb_root> - Sitebuilder installation directory - /usr/local/sitebuilder or /opt/sitebuilder (on Debian or Ubuntu)

not sure if related
template: aa-13
allows a custom banner upload, but it appears to replace the banner AND the banner background both with the same image

need help with banner too

The photo I want to use does not show up after I upload it either. I downloaded the patch but am at a loss. I don't understand where exactly I am supposed to place the patch. Please explain with more details.

Thanks!

Where exactly you experience a problem, please specify the step:

Just upload sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz file to some directory on your Sitebuilder server and run following command from this directory:

tar -zxvf sitebuilder_4.5_design_patch.tgz -C <sb_root>

where <sb_root> - Sitebuilder installation directory - /usr/local/sitebuilder or /opt/sitebuilder (on Debian or Ubuntu)

OK, I see my problem now, I thought I had 4.5 from hostgator and they only offer 4.0. How do I upgrade to 4.5? I went to their site and I don't understand it at all.

This is remote access to physical server itself where Sitebuilder product installed. Such type of access allows you to make administrator operations on the server (install software, make file operations ...etc.)

SiteBuilder Updated 9/30/08 - this patch included?

Hotfix-20081001

Is this patch included in this autoupdate of SiteBuilder 4.5?

Ok I need my hand held through this. I clicked on the first autoinstaller on the page. I don't know if it was the right choice but I am unfamiliar with Linux names. I downloaded to my desktop but when I click on it, it asks me what program open it up to and suggests IE. Then microsoft posp up saying it is unknown.

I am supposed to put it on the server. What exactly is it talking about and how do I get it there?

FYI - the patch does not update SiteBuilder to 4.5.1 -- at least SiteBuilder is still identified as 4.5.0 after the hotfix patch in autoupdater is installed.

Back