• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trying Plesk without IIS installed

R

Ras Dan

Hi!
I have selected Apache as a web-server while installing Plesk, and now i get this error

Selecting Default Components

component_name__ws
Microsoft IIS (not installed)

* Required fields

when loggin into Plesk :-(

Do i really need to install IIS?

Hello,

Read the following :

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-ig/index.htm

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-ig/6365.htm

you must install IIS , otherwise , how you will host web sites of your customers ?

there is something that you don't understand.

Plesk is a web application , this means that Plesk need to run under a web server application ( either apache or IIS ). but this is only for Plesk.

regarding the web sites which you will host on the servers , the customers web sites , they must be running under IIS .

Yes, but it is written here http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-ig/32248.htm :

You can choose the following web server engines for Plesk:
# Internet Information Server (IIS). IIS uses less server resources than Apache, but it is not as stable as Apache. This engine is used by default for Plesk installation. It is also used when upgrading Plesk from 7.5.
# Apache Web Server. Apache is more stable than IIS, but uses more server resources.

Or this means web-server for plesk control panel itself?

Hello,

I will summarize my answer:

1) install IIS (you must).

2) when you run Plesk installation , you can choose one of the following :

A) IIS
B) Apache

choose what ever you want , but I suggest : A) IIS

even if you choose B) Apache , you still must to install IIS.
it's doesn't matter.

that's all

when i access the Plesk, i windows is asking to choose component_name__ws, but appears only a option with (not configured), and accessing the left.php3# and clicking into server, and component info, i see that into Web Stats, webalizer aren´t installed, into SSL Wrapper, i have nothing, but i remember that i have there Stunnel 4.07, into Web Publish and Web Server, i have nothing to, if i click under Web Server, i got this error, Error: Invalid component type name 'webserver'.

What could be, what i need to do to fix this.

Thanks

Change from Apache to IIS

I want to reconfigure an existing server with 300 clients and 500 domains from Apache to IIS. Is this possible? Is it risky?

Thank you for your reply.

The switch from Apache to IIS went smooth. We are getting better performance from the Plesk Windows server.

I am interested in knowing the difference in performance using SQL 2005 Express vs. MySQL for the Plesk database on a Windows 2003 server. Anyone have experience with this?

I am interested in knowing the difference in performance using SQL 2005 Express vs. MySQL for the Plesk database on a Windows 2003 server. Anyone have experience with this?
SQL Express 2005 is more productive if you host hundreds and thousands sites.
Also it is more productive if you use single SQL server to store Plesk system database for several Plesk installations.

Back