1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

unable to change mail password via horde

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by santek, Feb 25, 2010.

1. santek

santek Guest

Hello ,

We use plesk 8.6.1 for windows running on windows server 2003 std x86. Our customers asked that they could not change their own mail passwords via webmail. I have just checked and could not find anything and when i try to change password i get this error ;

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:8106 in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php:41) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\templates\common-header.inc on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php:41) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\templates\common-header.inc on line 5

How can i fix this problem ?

Regards,

tamer

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Check that PopPassD service that is responsible for changing password in Horde listen 106 or other tcp port. For example:

But starting from 8.2 this port was changed to 8106.
    In this case make sure that PopPassD executable was not replaced with one from 7.6 version.

3. santek

santek Guest

Hmmm.. You're right. After starting the service it worked. But i do not know why it stopped ?? Anyway i will take a look at this problem.

Thank you very much.

4. santek

santek Guest

Also i have just found a new problem.. After started poppassd daemon, it started to work but first time i have changed a mailbox password perfectly then when i try it second time it is waiting and waiting then nothing happens. After that i get this error ;

Failure in changing password on poppassd server: No prompt returned from server.

What is happening you mean ?

Regards

tamer

5. VickyS

VickyS Guest

How to check that port 8106 is open or not and if is not open then How to open port 8106 on server,
    Thanks

6. Romulo CarlosR

Romulo CarlosR Guest

To test a port you can use this tool:
    http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

To open/close ports, you must configure your router / firewall / server!