• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

unable to change mail password via horde

S

santek

Hello ,

We use plesk 8.6.1 for windows running on windows server 2003 std x86. Our customers asked that they could not change their own mail passwords via webmail. I have just checked and could not find anything and when i try to change password i get this error ;

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:8106 in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php:41) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\templates\common-header.inc on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\lib\Driver\poppassd.php:41) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\passwd\templates\common-header.inc on line 5

How can i fix this problem ?

Regards,

tamer

Check that PopPassD service that is responsible for changing password in Horde listen 106 or other tcp port. For example:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tasklist /svc | find "PopPassD"

PopPassD.exe 20776 PopPassD

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>netstat -ano | find "20776"
TCP 127.0.0.1:106 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 20776

But starting from 8.2 this port was changed to 8106.
In this case make sure that PopPassD executable was not replaced with one from 7.6 version.

Hmmm.. You're right. After starting the service it worked. But i do not know why it stopped ?? Anyway i will take a look at this problem.

Thank you very much.

Also i have just found a new problem.. After started poppassd daemon, it started to work but first time i have changed a mailbox password perfectly then when i try it second time it is waiting and waiting then nothing happens. After that i get this error ;

Failure in changing password on poppassd server: No prompt returned from server.

What is happening you mean ?

Regards

tamer

How to check that port 8106 is open or not and if is not open then How to open port 8106 on server,
Thanks

Back