• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

unable to change value of php safe_mode using Plesk

P

pacer

hi
People says what it is very easy to change php safe_mode usin plesk's setup button for domain .
But in my case for some reason i can't do it
i thought there sould be a checkbox , or something else .
i can see only this ...

PHP support Yes (PHP 'safe_mode' on)

and nothing else , no any kind of control .
anybody please tell me how to disable safe_mode
thanx

If you try to change safe_mode to off in a subdomain using vhost.conf don't works, but in Plesk 7.5 the same config works fine.

Plesk 8.0 sucks.

Thank you for your comment , but that does not help me. i'm have been using plesk 8 with no problem so far.

No . i'm a customer, my admin tells me what i'm an idiot. :) and can't do trivial thing

It could be that customers don't have enough rights to change the safe_mode setting. Ask the admin to change it for you.

That it , I told him to turn off safe_mode cos i'm unable to do it myself . but he insist on doing that by hands of customers. I just got pissed on my admin. More then that he told me what safe_mode = off in php.ini and my site functionality what requires safe_mode to be turned off , should work correctly . But i still can't run my php script normally because i get a errors , that usually mean , what the safe_mode is ON. The only solution i see , is to get rid from that hosting provider. Looks like they are idiots. Because the problem solution has not been found during 2 weeks. :(

Sounds like the admin is still familiarizing himself with 8.0. It would be a security issue to allow any customer to manage the safe_mode settings, so he would have to do it at his level.
Also, Plesk appears to no longer read safe_mode settings from php.ini, so any settings he has in there would be rather useless.
running a phpinfo file would show the safe_mode setting... directing your admin to the file would show him that any changes he is making to ini files are simply not working.

Originally posted by NightStorm
Sounds like the admin is still familiarizing himself with 8.0. It would be a security issue to allow any customer to manage the safe_mode settings, so he would have to do it at his level.
Also, Plesk appears to no longer read safe_mode settings from php.ini, so any settings he has in there would be rather useless.
running a phpinfo file would show the safe_mode setting... directing your admin to the file would show him that any changes he is making to ini files are simply not working.

I just upgraded to plesk8

Maybe your admin has missed the fact that there is a improvement when it comes to this setting.
Probarly he made the misstake (as i did myself at first), to change /etc/php,ini.
He can set safe_mode=Off for each domain separatly. In the control panel for each domain. This is much better since it improves overall security on the server.

Best regards.

/Daniel Malmberg

I'm hoping this is an oversight because if I have to log in to change the safe_mode setting for every client...

There needs to be an option to allow a client to change this setting themselves.

Back