• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to login after upgrade

S

seikan

I just upgraded Plesk on my Windows 2003 from 8.2 to 8.6. After the update is completed, I'm not able to login to control panel. I'm getting error as belolw:

Unable initialize session:
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\cmd_loginup.php:262
createSessionCommon(integer '1', string 'admin', boolean true, boolean false, string '', boolean false)
1: plib\cmd_loginup.php:370
createSessionAdmin(string 'admin', string '********', boolean false, string '', boolean true)
2: plib\cmd_loginup.php:132
createSession(string 'admin', string '********')
3: htdocs\login_up.php3:27

I have referred to the KB at http://kb.odin.com/en/997 but it doesn't help. Any alternative solutions?

Do you really have enough free diskspace there and sessions folder in "%plesk_dir%\admin\ ? We have old bug regarding this problem and fix only that already described in the mentioned KB article. Please double check it.

I have double confirmed that the folder "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\sessions" is existed with correspond persmission, and there are 20GB free space on my server hard disk.

Any idea?

Not sure but maybe sessions folder has incorrect permissions? Dir you tried to check it with reconfigurator?

I have ran the Plesk Reconfigurator to check the folder permission on "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk" but can't find any problems.

I reliazed that when I navigated to "https://<my_ip_address>:8443/login.php3", a session file such as "Session_4f9fcc2da4e56fce1c49e4bdaf7ab289" will be created in "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\sessions".
But once I login, the session file is gone, and I get the "Unable initialize session" error on my browser again.

In this case, shall I downgrade my version back to 8.2?

I think that upgrade would be much better than downgrade.

I've reinstalled Plesk 8.6, still getting the same issue. Really out of idea now.

Back