• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to remove clients

N

Norad75

Hi all,

Problem: I'm unable to remove useraccounts or domains. Keep getting the following message: Unable to remove client, Unable to turn domain off, domainmng failed.

I'd found a errorid: http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_16_773_en.html

But I do not understand the solution mentioned....Can anyone help? :confused:

Specs: Plesk 7.5 Reloaded Unix (freeBSD)

It looks like the removal process is expecting the FTP account to exist. Their documentation is telling you to add the account manually, which in turn would allow you to remove the client/domain/etc...

I'd confirm that the account is missing manually. Look up the FTP username and look to see if it is present in /etc/passwd on your system. If it's not there, use their example to add the account, and then try to remove the client...

Joe

just a thought, but have you tire restarting the server. i had a smiliar problem. I couldn't remove a domain name in Plesk. Althought the domain name and hosting was removed when I logged in to see if the domain name was actually still on the hosting, but it wasn't. After I restarted my server the domain name was removed from plesk itself. I would suggest trying that.

Originally posted by jhobbs721
It looks like the removal process is expecting the FTP account to exist. Their documentation is telling you to add the account manually, which in turn would allow you to remove the client/domain/etc...

Oke, I guess I need to do that manual (from the CLI)....caus If I want to add an FTP account I need to setup a physical hosting, (ftp button in CP stays gray) but setting that up gives an error as well...I'm a little disapointed in Plesk now... :( Maybe I can find a good tutorial on the net...

This is the error (printsreen, see attachment) I receive wenn trying to setup physical hosting for the domain...

Hmm, I see the attachment didn't make it....here is the message:

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: dnsmng: /usr/sbin/rndc execution failed: rndc: connect failed: connection refused dnsmng: Error during rndc 'reconfig'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: dnsmng: /usr/sbin/rndc execution failed: rndc: connect failed: connection refused dnsmng: Error during rndc 'reconfig'")

Hello,

Have you managed to sort this problem? I'm having the identical problem with my new server.

The nice server provider have added "default-domain.co.uk" to the server, but now I can't delete it!

I get all the above messages mentioned, is there a good way to solve this?

Thanks.

Back