• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to setup physical hosting, no chroot problem

G

ginkelb

When i try to setup physical hosting for a new client i get the next errors.

In a popup

Unable to update hosting preferences: hosting update failed:
vhostmng failed: vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user USERNAME

vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user USERNAME

vhostmng: Error: Unable to find user USERNAME or bad uid

THe following error information is also available

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user basvanginkelnl vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user basvanginkelnl vhostmng: Error: Unable to find user basvanginkelnl or bad uid

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user basvanginkelnl vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user basvanginkelnl vhostmng: Error: Unable to find user basvanginkelnl or bad uid")

Can somebody please point my nose in the right direction?

not to post a 'me too' - but, me too!

Just started getting the same error tonight... did you find out anything?

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: usermng: Unable to getpwnam for user mr-jeff usermng: Error: invalid user
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: usermng: Unable to getpwnam for user mr-jeff usermng: Error: invalid user")

The user (ftp login name) was removed from the system. You must re-add it in command line using useradd.

I got the same error when I try to change FTP password. The user exists, I've checked...

The onl ything what changed the Plesk version: 7.5.3 -> 7.5.4

Same thing

I'm getting the same error. I tried adding the user manually using 'useradd' but that just makes Plesk tell me that the user already exists.

Surely someone must know what's causing this :(

Hi AndyD,

Check the FTP user name in Plesk, and the users of the OS. YOu should find the Plesk FTP user among the OS users.
In my case the username was modified by sombody somehow. Never figured out how....

When I view my /etc/passwd there's no username that conflicts with the one I'm trying to add with. I've also tried using 4 or 5 different usernames and I still get the same result.

Here is the exact error:

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user andy vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user andy vhostmng: Error: Unable to find user andy or bad uid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:290 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user andy vhostmng: Unable to getpwnam for user andy vhostmng: Error: Unable to find user andy or bad uid")

same problem

I am having the same problem. I tried several times to go back and change the user name in case there was a duplicate but still getting the same:

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: usermng: Unable to getpwnam for user USERNAME usermng: Error: invalid user")

I contacted support and got sent a patch.

I tried to attach it but the forum doesn't allow attachments :(

thanks for the heads up - really appreciate it, will give them a ring

Back