• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unexpected error at Mail Enable mail global filter (CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 140)

S

sachind

Hello,
I have Plesk 8.2 install on my system. I have configure emails. One day MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent stop working. When I saw error description in Event Viewer it shows me

Unexpected error at Mail Enable mail global filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 140)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\MEMTA.EXE

I have restart Mail Enable Mail Transfer Agent. It working fine. Can anybody tell me why this error occur? Please tell me what precaution should I take to avoid this error again. Please help me...Thank you.

Any luck with this sachind? We had a series of MEMTA errors with the same description (over a hundred straight errors) today, and would really like to know how to fix it. We never had this problem using ME Pro *without* Plesk on our previous servers.

the same

hi I have the same problem today.
with plesk 8.3

Any fix please?

Here is a list of things that I've seen possibly help.

1. Upgrade Mail Enable to the latest version.
2. If you are running Plesk 8.2 (no patch) then there is a KB here on spam filtering - http://kb.swsoft.com/en/2072
3. Remove the virus checking on mail through Plesk. Unless you've paid for more it can only do 15 mailboxes anyway (not sure how it picks which 15 or if it just quits when you go above this), but I've only seen it cause issues.

The third option I've seen help more times then the other two, but AV scanning would be the one that would get applied on a global filter....

guys

I also faced yesterday errors with MTA

Plesk event log showed up series of these errors and MTA service was found in stopped state.

The system cannot find the file

specified. (Error code 2) at Open file

'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail

Servers\Mail

Enable\QUEUES\SMTP\Inbound\505689A9828C

48178BD3467638491E46.MAI'
at (VFile::eek:pen line 87)
at Mail Enable mail global

filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 140)
Execute file name:

C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\MAILSE~1\MAILE

N~1\BIN\MEMTA.EXE

System log reflected:

The MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent

service terminated unexpectedly. It

has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and

Support Center at

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.a

sp.

Not sure if its ME pro issue we are using ME pro 3.12
or Plesk 8.2.0.1 issue.

thanks

The plesk have this problem 2 years. All the time the mail have problem. Don't search for answer from plesk support the gays is terrible.

Back