• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Uninstalling Dr Web

S

sufiah

Hi,

Dr Web antivirus on my server has expired and I have decided to change to another anti virus. Can I uninstall it? What is the best way to uninstall it?

Qmail starts to send out duplicate email since Dr Web expired, has anybody has the same problem before?

Please help. Thank you.

Originally posted by sufiah
Hi,

Dr Web antivirus on my server has expired and I have decided to change to another anti virus. Can I uninstall it? What is the best way to uninstall it?

Qmail starts to send out duplicate email since Dr Web expired, has anybody has the same problem before?

Please help. Thank you.
You must remove both DrWeb and DrWeb-Qmail

Try: rpm -e drweb
Then: rpm -e drweb-qmail

Or my preferred method is:

yum remove drweb
yum remove drweb-qmail

If you are looking for another Anti-virus, I have had good luck with ClamAV and Qmail-scanner. You can install ClamAv and Qmail-scanner from Art's repositories.

I do not know about the duplicate emails, sorry.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have tried to install ClamAV and Qmail-scanner but no luck so far.

I have installed qmailqueue patch but when I started to install Qmail-scanner it couldn't find it =(.

I have downloaded qmailrocks which has everything that Qmail mail server needed, is it a good idea to just install Qmail-scanner provided by qmailrocks?

Sufiah

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have tried to install ClamAV and Qmail-scanner but no luck so far.

I have installed qmailqueue patch but when I started to install Qmail-scanner it couldn't find it =(.

I have downloaded qmailrocks which has everything that Qmail mail server needed, is it a good idea to just install Qmail-scanner provided by qmailrocks?

Sufiah

I'm sorry, Sufiah, but I have no personal experience with QmailRocks. I checked their website and it appears that it would be okay, but again, I have no personal experience to fall back on. I searched this forum for information about QmailRocks and could not find any information there either.

Are you trying to install qmail-scanner and ClamAV from Art's repository?

Hi Jack,

Don't worry about Qmailrocks, I just found it and thought that it is such a good package, thank you for checking up ^_^.

I downloaded ClamAv from its website, can not remember where I got Qmail-scanner. Can you please provide the URL of Art's repository?

Hi Jack,

Don't worry about Qmailrocks, I just found it and thought that it is such a good package, thank you for checking up ^_^.

I downloaded ClamAv from its website, can not remember where I got Qmail-scanner. Can you please provide the URL of Art's repository?

Sure: http://atomicrocketturtle.com

I have found Art's to be the best place to get Plesk compatible rpms. The first time I visited his site, I manually searched the folders until I found the package I wanted. At the bottom of the page he has information on importing his license key and the information you will need for the yum.conf file to make it work. He has the latest versions of ClamAV, Clamd, Qmal-scanner and Spamassassin.

Jack,

I do not use yum to update my server (Fedora Core2) because Plesk might not like the version of the application that I have.

Is there anyway to download the rpms from the website?

I have succesfully installed ClamAV and Qmail-scanner from rpm. How do I check if they are running properly?

Sufiah

I have succesfully installed ClamAV and Qmail-scanner from rpm. How do I check if they are running properly?

Sufiah

Glad you got ClamAV and Qmail-Scanner installed!

Check the header of an incoming email, my headers have the following:

Received: from 69.64.46.29 by klickdomains.prod.phx1.secureserver.net (envelope-from <[email protected]>, uid 2020) with qmail-scanner-1.25st
(clamdscan: 0.87.1/1229. perlscan: 1.25st.

I have that on the incoming email header. So it is running?
YEY!!!

Thank you Jack for all your help. Really appreciated.

I have that on the incoming email header. So it is running?
YEY!!!

Thank you Jack for all your help. Really appreciated.

GREAT! Glad I could help. I have received so much help from this forum that it feels good to help someone else!

i think the dr web expiration has been causing me the same harm

if i remove it the same way as listed above, will plesk still start normally or do i need to change a configuration file somewhere?

Originally posted by samuofm
i think the dr web expiration has been causing me the same harm

if i remove it the same way as listed above, will plesk still start normally or do i need to change a configuration file somewhere?

Plesk will start normally. Plesk doesn't care if you have a virusscan running or not. I never saw in the logs where Dr.Web caught any viruses anyway but I see where ClamAv catches a virus or two everyday.

i was just able to bring up plesk for the first time since my upgrade. you guys totally rock.

samuofm,

Did you Qmail SMTP server start to send duplicate email since Dr Web expired? I have tried to find solution for this problem but it doesn't seems to be a common problem at all.

Your Plesk running ok?

samuofm,

Did you Qmail SMTP server start to send duplicate email since Dr Web expired? I have tried to find solution for this problem but it doesn't seems to be a common problem at all.

Your Plesk running ok?

it looks like its not working. this is a pain in the ***.

my ssl is still not enabled and that makes plesk basically worthless because im not working from an insecure browser window.

i really don't like having no way to undo an update. i realize that its not a good idea to do updates on a production server but i don't have a choice and im getting pretty upset.

how hard was your qmailrocks installation. i guess i have to begin on this.

well it actually looks like qmail is still up and running but new mail isnt comming in and when i try to send something using Horde i get

There was an error sending your message: unable to send data

which tells me nothing.

i reinstalled dr web using the autoinstaller and my mail magically started working again.

now if i can just get my ssl working

Back