• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unscheduled Multiple Backups

M

mi4blake

Plesk is configured to do one backup a week. Last week 40 or so backups ran. All of the backups completed without any errors.

This has sapped my bandwidth because I send the backups to another server. I also received 40 "the backup process has begun" and "completed" emails - which is what first tipped me off to the problem.

I've seen that 7.5 has had backup issues, but I haven't seen this one on any forums.

I also had this happen for the first time last Sunday, April 1st starting with the backups that ran at 2:00a.m. ( exact same time the U.S. went to Daylight Savings time. My backups run each night and they progressively multipled on Monday and Tuesday ( 16 domains ran 1690 times) until I rebooted the server Tuesday afternoon. Now things are back to normal. Don't know the cause, don't know if DST had anything to do with it, may be just a strange coincident.

Thanks a lot. I rebooted but kept the automatic backups off. I'll reactivate them and see what happens. I'm glad someone else had this issue, I've spent a day and a half scowering forums.

Thanks agian!

Like you, I checked every log file, looked at the cron jobs, even tried to change the backup schedule. I had no indication of what caused the problem and could not find where the "extra" schedule was coming from. The reboot was desparation. Thank God that seems to have fixed it.

The server was rebooted and backups have been running fine. I hope this doesn't occur in the Fall when DST happens again.

Glad everything is working right for you now. It did not happen last fall with my servers, possibly because the time went back an hour and not skipped forward an hour. At least now I know to reboot without wasting all of that time "looking" for something wrong!

Back