1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

update apache 2.2.8 to 2.2.10 - help!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by icepak, Oct 21, 2008.

1. icepak

icepak Guest

current os - fedora 7

for security reasons i need to update apache from 2.2.8 to 2.2.10 or 2.2.9.
    tried "yum check-update httpd" but .9 and .10 are not available so i figured i would need to get the apache source and update it manually somehow. but the resources i looked at discusses config.nice and other methods which do not pertain with plesk and my current file structure. i.e. usr/local/apache2 vs (plesk) etc/httpd.

any suggestions?

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Yeah, try rebuilding the src.rpm from fedora 9 or 10.

3. icepak

icepak Guest

ahh.
    plesk 8.6 wouldn't have any issues with fedora 9 or 10?

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

I dont believe plesk works on 9 or 10 yet. I ment grab the src.rpm from 9 or 10 and rebuild it on your system.

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

My suggestion is to migrate to an OS that is still supported with updates. You could start to manually track updates to Apache like atomicturtle explained, but Fedora 7 reached end of life in June, so this means that all Fedora packages on your server (kernel, bind, php, mysql, etc.) are not receiving security updates anymore.

6. icepak

icepak Guest

thank you guys for your suggestions.