• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

update mysql without yum

O

ott0

My box did not come with yum. Everywhere I look, people say that the best way to update mysql from 3.x.x to 4.x.x without breaking plesk is with the ART repos and yum. My box has rpm. Can I manage with that? If I have to get yum, no prob, I was just wondering if I could do without it. (My server has dependency issues with it, so it'll be a little bit of a hassle to install.)

Also, can I get mysql 5 and install it independently of the mysql that plesk needs? Because I want 5.

Thanks very, very much!

Im looking for the same solution. Got in contact with sw soft sales and asked what plesk supported in the way of mysql and they replyed:

Plesk support MySQL client 5.0.x and plesk core 4..x.x

What? Plesk supports mysql 5? I got yum after all, it's verys simple to install and does a great job of installing packages with art repo. But the newest version of mysql on the art repo is 4.something.

Back