1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

update or not update? MySQL 5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jnarvaez, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jnarvaez

jnarvaez Basic Pleskian

Hi, i have a box with 400 domains, i was wondering if it would a good idea updating mysql from version 4 to 5.

Will be any incompatibility problem with my costumers applications?

What do you think?
    Best regards.

2. CBiLL

CBiLL Guest

I was thinking the same thing until I got the answer I needed at http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45483 so it may help you too.

Bill

3. horosho

horosho New Pleskian

73%
    Be aware that there was a change in join syntax as of MySQL 5.0.12. This may cause some problems as some queries that worked before will need to be rewritten. At the very least there will likely be some applications that need to be updated ( I would guess, seeing as you have 400 domains). I would use caution making this upgrade.
    HTH

4. jnarvaez

jnarvaez Basic Pleskian

I think i will make a full backup and restore then in a local server with mysql5 and php5 to test if all the sites work fine.

thank you for your help

5. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

its almost certain that at least a few sites will break, make sure you let the right people know before you do it, and always keep backups of customer data :)

you may need to fix tables after the upgrade as well