1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Update PHP without destroy Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ullone, Jul 7, 2006.

1. ullone

ullone Guest

I have php 5.04 (in Plesk 8 and Fedora 4) in my system but i need php 5.1 because it is required for installing a script. The problem is that i do not need to update also the mysql version because i use php in a plesk installaion and i need only to update the php version from 5.04 to 5.1 for installing this script.
    I use Fedora Core 4. What i have to launch in yum to avoid that it update mysql ?
    I need only this one : php-5.1.4-2.fc4.remi.i386.rpm but not to update the mysql.
    I think it is possible.
    I have found rpm for php 5.1 here :
    http://remi.collet.free.fr/
    and here :
    http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic-bleeding/art/4/RPMS/
    What i have to launch in yum ?

2. wgomez

wgomez Guest

I have the same problem

Did you already correct this problem?
    I need PHP 5.1 for some scripts.

3. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Its not that simple I'm afraid, you have to update all the dependency packages as well. My php 5.1 packages are linked against mysql 4.1, which is what FC4 comes with, so an upgrade to mysql 5.0 isnt necessary on that platform.

4. AlbertS

AlbertS Guest

How futile is the php 5.1 version from art?

I just installed the php5.1.4 version, it all seems to work OK!

I installed php 5.0.4 with plesk, downloaded php 5.1.4 from the art unstable channel with the deps (php-fd, imap,mbstring,mysql,pdo,pear,xml)

Some minor? adjustments to the php.ini

Now the output is good... A phpframework works... mysql is getting configt by xml? And well, as said it seems to be ok...

[root@web ~]# php -v
    PHP 5.1.4 (cli) (built: Jun 16 2006 00:22:37)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Meaby Scot can tell us if this will work prober~
    And where the problems are (since the packages are in the unstable channel etc.)

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Aside from some FC5 systems, I'm not running php 5.1.x anywhere on a PSA box. For those FC5 systems, I haven't had any issues with the applications I'm using them on (amember, remedy, etc).