• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update PHP without destroy Plesk

U

ullone

I have php 5.04 (in Plesk 8 and Fedora 4) in my system but i need php 5.1 because it is required for installing a script. The problem is that i do not need to update also the mysql version because i use php in a plesk installaion and i need only to update the php version from 5.04 to 5.1 for installing this script.
I use Fedora Core 4. What i have to launch in yum to avoid that it update mysql ?
I need only this one : php-5.1.4-2.fc4.remi.i386.rpm but not to update the mysql.
I think it is possible.
I have found rpm for php 5.1 here :
http://remi.collet.free.fr/
and here :
http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic-bleeding/art/4/RPMS/
What i have to launch in yum ?

I have the same problem

Did you already correct this problem?
I need PHP 5.1 for some scripts.

Its not that simple I'm afraid, you have to update all the dependency packages as well. My php 5.1 packages are linked against mysql 4.1, which is what FC4 comes with, so an upgrade to mysql 5.0 isnt necessary on that platform.

How futile is the php 5.1 version from art?

I just installed the php5.1.4 version, it all seems to work OK!

I installed php 5.0.4 with plesk, downloaded php 5.1.4 from the art unstable channel with the deps (php-fd, imap,mbstring,mysql,pdo,pear,xml)

Some minor? adjustments to the php.ini

Now the output is good... A phpframework works... mysql is getting configt by xml? And well, as said it seems to be ok...

[root@web ~]# php -v
PHP 5.1.4 (cli) (built: Jun 16 2006 00:22:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Meaby Scot can tell us if this will work prober~
And where the problems are (since the packages are in the unstable channel etc.)

[root@web ~]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
imap
libxml
mbstring
mime_magic
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
posix
pspell
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
zlib

[Zend Modules]

Aside from some FC5 systems, I'm not running php 5.1.x anywhere on a PSA box. For those FC5 systems, I haven't had any issues with the applications I'm using them on (amember, remedy, etc).

Back