• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update Problem 8.2.0 --> 8.3

D

druckgott

I got this error on updating.

Code:
Starting installation of packages
Installing the package psa-logrotate-3.7-suse10.1.build83071218.18.i586
Installing the package sw-libxslt-1.1.20-5.suse101.i586
error: Failed dependencies:
        libgcrypt is needed by sw-libxslt-1.1.20-5.suse101.i586
        libgcrypt.so.11 is needed by sw-libxslt-1.1.20-5.suse101.i586
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because of package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

but libgcrypt is installed

and the file libgcrypt.so.11 is in /usr/lib/

what could I do?

Hi,

thsi is simply too few info for an answer.
This can mean a that you have self compiled module. Can mean that you only need a compatibility module, anyway upgrades and downgrades and a bit of spirit to experiment can help.

Hallo,

I have nothing installed I have alle let like the hoster (strato) configurated it. At the update from 8.2 to 8.3 the problems comes.
I have not more information.

You can eliminate thу dependences specifying the --force option during installation.
It will be smth like that:
# rpm -Uvh --force package_name

HI,

I don't agree fully with the :

rpm -Uvh --force package_name

yes, there are cases that this is needed , but this answer is too simple to be used as it is.

All depends on the error.

With force and nodeps you may install a lot of things but that does not mean that they will be usable ..

So all must be based on the error messages .. my opinion.

You can eliminate the dependencies using yum.. that resolves all dependencies (if it can), if it can't then you get the packages manually and force install them(if you see that the versions are ok ). Do not go into force installing packages like glibc or other basic linux pakcages (not healthy and may break your whole system).

Hallo, thx for the tip. Could I use rug to eliminate the dependencies?
If rug do also elimate the dependencies this do not work.
If not where can I get Yum?

druckgott

Back