• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updater Icon Is Gone

F

Falcon@

Hi,

After upgrading to Plesk 7.5.2 the Updater Icon in the Server Admin Panel is gone.

Does someone know why this is, and if it can be restored?

Thanks

Hi,

I guess you have a virtual server. On these servers the updater icon is disabled by default from 7.5.2 on, because the server management software offers possibilities to upgrade Plesk. If you still want to upgrade yourself using the updater you can still reactivate it through MySQL database:

Code:
mysql> select * from misc where param='disable_updater';
+-----------------+-------+
| param           | val   |
| disable_updater | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Regards,

Pink

Originally posted by Falcon
Does someone know why this is, and if it can be restored?

Just for the record, another time when you need help, could you please try to hit the search button and search the forum first?

http://forum.sw-soft.com/search.php?s=

This has already been answered several times the last couple of weeks.

Re: Re: Updater Icon Is Gone

Originally posted by Whistler
Just for the record, another time when you need help, could you please try to hit the search button and search the forum first?

http://forum.sw-soft.com/search.php?s=

This has already been answered several times the last couple of weeks.

Your not happy, are you?

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
Hi,

I guess you have a virtual server. On these servers the updater icon is disabled by default from 7.5.2 on, because the server management software offers possibilities to upgrade Plesk. If you still want to upgrade yourself using the updater you can still reactivate it through MySQL database:

Code:
mysql> select * from misc where param='disable_updater';
| param           | val   |
| disable_updater | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Regards,

Pink
Yes I am on a virtual server. I had tried a suggestion from another post elsewhere on the forum, and it didn't restore the icon, even though the server seemed to process the code provided in the post successfully.

Thanks,

Darryl

Your not happy, are you?

Yes, I have no problems with my mood. I just think it's very sad that theres no moderator in the forums keeping the great number of duplicate threads down to a minimum.

A good example is another thread about the Zend/ionCube problem thats well known, well documented and theres a lot of support and hints spreaded over this forum and all over the internet about what to do... And still, we're discussing the same "simple" problem over a dosen threads, posting 100s of answers getting people on and off the track, creating more confusion than actually needed and helping...

Back