• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updater no longer working in Plesk 8.0 on FC1

C

CBiLL

First I updated base package of Plesk 8.0 in Fedora Core 1 then after that safe_mode heart attack everything seem to be working fine in 8.0 Plesk.

So I went to the updater and see that I have a few more package to update and selected them then click "Install" then it would show "Please wait Loading ..." and times out.

I went back to the updater and it would say updater busy then a few more minutes I check back and it would show those package still not updated.

So far the base Plesk 8.0 is install and working fine now but I need to update the other package like Mailman mailing list manager support, SPAM blocker for QMail daemon etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Bill

I updated the rest via ssh.

however web based updater is broken and wonder if there a way to fix it or is it a bug introduced into 8.0?

Thank you
Bill

Its just one of many great new features introduced into 8.0.0

Maybe someday it'll be fixed, too. :)

how do you update "Base packages of Plesk" and "Plesk API [former Plesk Agent]" and "Tomcat Java Servlets support" via the command line since the control panel isn't working?

Download the ~1.4 mb installer from the downloads page (there is the option of an auto-installer, and a 150mb+ install package... you want the auto-installer). wget it to your server, chmod 755 the file, then execute it.

Back