• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating Email Redirects

S

SergeF

Hello.

One of the sites I operate uses different services to accomplish it's security requirements.
The site uses PLESK to manage mail, and all of it's modules. Each email account on the system consists of a simple redirect to the users home email.

When a user updates his/her email information, this is done through a 3rd party interface. The intent is to update the psa database so that the new email address is updated within the plesk system.

I'm using Plesk 8.6.0 on CentOs 5.

So far it appears:
- the user's .qmail file needs to be updated by plesk
- the field to update is psa.mail.redir_addr

What happens is:
- Once the database is updated, the .qmail file remains intact with the old email.
- Within the plesk interface, the NEW email appears in the text field.
- By clicking "OK" (or submit on the redirect page, can't remember), the .qmail file is now updated by appending it with the NEW email address (thus leaving the old on there also).

Between the users .qmail file and the psa.mail.redir_addr updates, there seems to be more going on.

How do you update the redirect address from a 3rd party interface.

If anyone has any leads regarding manually updating email addresses, I'll certainly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Back