• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating spamassassin

H

HiltonT

Hi All,

We recently purchased a dedicated server that came with Plesk. Unfortunately, the base OS was FC1 - which is old - obsolete, even. So, we've made an rsync clone of the live server and are attempting to bring the clone up to date before we try this on the live server.

We upgraded to FC2 without an issue, but in updating to FC3, we've received this error message:

Error: missing dep: perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit) for pkg psa-spamassassin

and the installed psa-spamassassin is:

[root@216-55-160-175 spamassassin]# /usr/bin/spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 2.63

Now, according to http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CantLocateNoMailAudit spamassassin 3.x should really be running for FC3 - but we need to find a psa-spamassassin version that's current. I can install Dag Wieer's spamassassin package - but I don't think psa will like that. :)

Any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Fedora Core 3 is not supported by Plesk. and Spamassassin 3 is not supported by plesk either. Unfortunatly there is no solution to this problem.

Hi Jason,

Any idea when FC3 will be supported? FC2 will soon be obsoleted.

Also, spamassassin 3.0 - any idea when Plesk will support the current spamassassin? spamassassin 3.x is seriously better than the older 2.6x series.

Originally posted by HiltonT
Hi Jason,

Any idea when FC3 will be supported? FC2 will soon be obsoleted.

As far as I know SW Soft has not announced a release date for Plesk for FC3

Originally posted by HiltonT
Also, spamassassin 3.0 - any idea when Plesk will support the current spamassassin? spamassassin 3.x is seriously better than the older 2.6x series.
Hopefully soon, but SW Soft has not announced anything yet.

You could always try emailing SW Soft Sales [email protected] and ask them when support for FC3 and SA 3 will be available. They should have a better idea than me.

Back