• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating to MySQL 5

jorfermo

Regular Pleskian
I've just upgraded plesk from 7.5.6 to 7.6.

Is there any documentation on updating Mysql From 4.1.* to 5.*?

Thanks in advance!!

Jorge.

I can write you instructions but you do it on your own risk!

1. There are 2 MySQL servers installed. 1st is for internal purposes of Plesk CP and 2nd is for your clients (this is the one you can upgrade).
Note: Don't upgrade 1st!

2. Location to 2nd MySQL is: C:\Program Files\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\

3. Download new version of MySQL but without installer (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html)

3. Stop MySQL server from Plesk CP sys tray icon

4. From MySQL directory, move subfolder "Data" to safe place (eg. desktop). This folder contains your clients databases

5. Create "backup" sub-folder within MySQL root folder and move all other files and folders into "backup"

6. Now you will have only sub-folder "backup" in MySQL root

7. Open downloaded .zip which contains updated version of MySQL

8. Extract contents of .zip file (without "data" folder in zip archive) to your MySQL folder
Remember: you first need to go into sub-folder "mysql-5.xxxx-win32" in zip file to get files and folders for extraction!

9. Move back saved "Data" folder to the same place where it was (in MySQL root folder)

10. Start MySQL server from Plesk CP sys tray icon

matija,

Shouldn't the file permissions on the mysql folder be double-checked after the upgrade?

I attemped an upgrade as explained but plesk does not detect new version number.

any advise?

Back