• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

updating

C

chinook

cannot seem to update 8.1, getting the following message "critical update is incompatible with current Plesk version"

Any clues ???

Anybody???

Hello chinook,

Could you please specify here exact Plesk version and update file name?

There were the following updates for 8.1:

a) 8.1.0

b) 8.1.1

You can install each update only on corresponding Plesk version.

So it seems my control panel is sitting back at version 8.1.0
update 070316.11 is not listed on the patch page and I am not clear on how to get the software upgraded to 8.1.1

You should first download 8.1.1 and upgrade your 8.1.0 and next you may download 8.1.1.2 and update 8.1.1

Ok, I have upgraded to 8.1.1 and now instead of a logon page I get the following:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_plesk_privacy_header() in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3 on line 63

Even tried the two updates to 8.1.1 and still same error. By searching the forum, I note this has happened to others with no resolution from what I can see.

Urgent really need to fix this.

As a service to other readers of this forum. The final solution was to purchase a support incident. The Plesk engineer replaced the corrupted auth.php3 file.

I did ask them ( and got no answer) if when I downloaded this version was the file already corrupted or was this something that happened during the installation process.

So if this happens to you, try re-downloading the 8.1.1 update, search through the cab files until you find this file and replace it, then let the readers know if that fixed it or not!

Back