• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 7.1 7.5

A

astle

Hi,
I have a value server from oneandone with RH9 and 7.1. I want to upgrade it to FC3 7.5. I am not prepared to buy another server to migrate so the only way is to back it up and request oenandone reimage the server with the latest version of Plesk.

My question is can I just use the backup tools that come with 7.1 and expect the backup files to work when I restore them to 7.5 or will I have to do it manually?
I can’t find any info about using a backup done on an older version of Plesk.

Thanks,

Paul

Plesk's backup / restore only works within the same version of Plesk. In your case, I'd upgrade the current server to 7.5 first, than do the filnal backups. You'll be able tor estore these on the restored server with new OS.

You should do backups before the current server is upgraded to 7.5 too, of course, for your protection.

Thanks,
I thought that would be the case,. the problem is i am very worried about upgrading my server esp as i have downloaded some custom rpm's from ART such as Spam Assassin.
I have read lots of problems with people upgrading.
Any thoughts would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Back