• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 8.1.1 to 8.2.0 licence problem

J

Joor

I tried to upgrade via the plesk updater system.

I selected only the bold written packages and started the update process but the system claimed as follows:
Fatal error during license key upgrade.

What to do?
System is a VPS with Debian Sarge.

Ok now i did it on the debian way with apt-get and this was successful.

Updater check before upgrading ability for upgrading of your license and if it is not available than upgrade is not started. After publishing of Plesk 8.2 there was small issues with this checker on updater(autoinstaller) repository. This issue is fixed now.

Originally posted by Joor
I tried to upgrade via the plesk updater system.

I selected only the bold written packages and started the update process but the system claimed as follows:
Fatal error during license key upgrade.

What to do?
System is a VPS with Debian Sarge.

Error: Installation could not be started: Fatal error during license key upgrade.

having the same problem.

Originally posted by 3dguru
Error: Installation could not be started: Fatal error during license key upgrade.

having the same problem.

Could you provide such information?

1. is Sitebuilder installed on your server?
2. What is the OS?
3. previous version of Plesk?
4. version of autoinstaller (if you try to do upgrade from UI you can do this by executing of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --version or /opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --version)

Back