• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Upgrade Debian 11.9 to 12 fails

MartinT

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
debian 11.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 # 5
Hi,
I try to upgrade the server from debian 11.09 to 12 following the manual steps of https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-upgrade-procedure-on-Linux-server-with-Plesk .

At Step 17 server is gone, every try. I don't know why. No connection to plesk, no connection via ssh (cli). I can do everything when I log in via VNC. Do everything, but outside there is no connection.
After rebbit ip -a do not show the interface eth0 so I guess there is the fault. Is this changed in some step so I have to rename it? Could ModSecurity / Plesk-Firewall / ufw firewall block anything, so to switch off for update could solve it.

Question beside step 11:
Change bind-address in the /etc/mysql/my.cnf to accept IPv4 connections (From 10.6.0 :: refers to IPv6 strictly):

bind-address = ::ffff:127.0.0.1

To:

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

I found this at mine bind-address = :: so sould it be changed (I did every time but maybe this causes the block)

ssh/sshd service is on and my port, passwd etc as well, restarted it before reboot as well. (with VNC connection password/port pass fine).

Waited for rebbot as well so if there is a delay (one hour).

I did all the steps a couple of times and got stuck, role back via snapshot I try again. Have I to define a interfaces at some point somewhere?

Back