• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 2.1.3 to 3.0.2 does not work in RHEL3 with Plesk 7.5.4

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade SB from version 2.1.3 to 3.0.2 but it is not working.

I have a RHEL3 test system with all packages updated (with RH's up2date).
I have installed Plesk 7.5.4 in this server, and it is also updated.
Then I have installed SB 2.1.3 with all modules and templates.

At this point the system was working perfectly, everything was working fine.

Since this is a test server, it does not have Plesk's or SB's licence keys.

There was no data in SB, despite 3 or 4 "test" sites I have made myself while testing the installation.

Then I have downloaded the SB 3.0.2 installation package and modules (sitebuilder-3.0.2-rhas3.build06112310.tar.gz).
Notice that the package says RHAS insted of RHEL, but this is the package available for download at SwSoft's site at the RHEL3 section.

I have noticed that the 3.0.2 version requires you to uninstall the 2.1.3 version modules, since there was some RPM dependancies.
I have uninstalled all 2.1.3 "modules" with "rpm -e".
I have also uninstalled the SB 2.1.3 remote admin package.

Then I have installad all 3.0.2 packages with the "rpm -hUv *.rpm" command from the SB3's packages directory.
Everthing seems to work fine during the installation, no error messages was displayed at the screen or log file.

At this point I have tried to access the SB site, but it didn't work.
I received this error messages:

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/sitebuilder/include/autoprp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/usr/local/sitebuilder/include/autoprp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/sitebuilder/include/:') in Unknown on line 0

The file that is being included in the index.php file ("usr/local/sitebuilder/include/autoprp.php") does not exist.

The I have tried to acess the admin pages, but I received a 404 error message.
I have looked at the filesystem, and there is no "/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/admin" directory at all!

Then I have installed SB3's modules and templates, but nothing has changed.

I have run the "sb_config" and "sb_config --migrate_all" commands, and both run without errors:

#sb_config

Update SiteBuilder database user credentials: ...Ok
Templates have been updated.
Memory limit has been updated.
Locales have been updated.
Modules have been updated.
------------------------------
Reconfiguration has been finished.
------------------------------
...Detailed log has been saved to /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/sb_config-0612292319.log

# sb_config --migrate_all

Migration process started:
Done.

I have made all the steps above a few times again, reinstalling everything from scratch, changing the order of some steps sometimes, but always with the same result.

It looks like the installation packages (for RHEL3 maybe?) are broken.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you!

Alexandre

Same results with the Auto-Installer

Hello,

I have the same results installing everything with the autoinstaller.
I have installed Plesk 7.5.4.
Then I have upgraded SB and modules from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3
Everthing was working fine at this point.
Then I have installed SB 3.0.2 using the autoinstaller.
The autoinstaller resolves all RPM dependancies correctly, uninstalling the previous packages.
The installation have completed without errors, but SB does not work.
The symptoms are the same listed in the previous post.
My conclusion is that the combination: RHEL3 + PSA 7.5.4 + SB 3.0.2 does not work.

Thank you.

Alexandre

Thank you for feedback

Hello,
Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem. We are investigating this. Could you please contact our Support and start a ticket to ensure the proper handling of this incident? I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Ticket for this problem

Hello,

I already have a ticket opened for this problem, but I was informed that my free support period has ended and that I will have to pay $75 per incident to resolve this problem.

The ticket ID is #250846.

Thank you.

Alexandre

I just can't upgrade from 2.1.3 to 3.0.2

Hello,

I have made more tests, and I just can't upgrade from 2.1.3 to 3.0.2.

Now I'm doing tests in a RHEL4 server.

I have installed and updated (up2date) the server.

To solve some of the Plesk's auto-installer RPM dependency problems, I have installed all php-* packages from Red Hat:
"up2date -i php-*"

Using the latest Plesk's 8.1.0 auto-installer, I have installed only the Plesk's base packages and updater.

"psa_installer_v3.1.0_build061201.02_os_RedHat_el4_i386"

Everything worked fine; Plesk is working as it should.

Then I have installed SB 2.1.3 from the install package, running the "sb_install" script.
SB 2.1.3 was installed correctly, and then I have installed the modules, language packages and template packages.
At this point, SB 2.1.3 was working fine.
Then I have restored the "/usr/local/sitebuilder" directory from my production server, restoring the database as well.
At this point all RPM info about SB 2.1.3 was OK, and all my client's sites were in SB.

Then I installed SB 3.0.2 from the install package, following the instructions to upgrade from SB 2.1.3.
I had to uninstall some SB 2.1.3 packages, to avoid RPM dependency problems (modules, language and template packages).

After decompressing the package, I have run the "rpm -hUv *.rpm" command, that installed all SB 3.0.2 packages without errors.
After that, I have installed all SB 3.0.2 modules and templates.
Then I have run the "sb_config" command that worked fine according to its output.
Then I have run the "sb_config --migrate_all" command, and everything was ok again.
But at this point SB was not working.
The site was not configured at Apache, so the Plesk's default page is showed.
The "/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/admin" folder is not there again.

I have tried to install all other Plesk's 3.1.0 packages from Plesk's Updater. Everything was installed OK; including the SB related packages (I think that they were installed again by Plesk's Updater, since they where not marked as installed).

It didn't work.

Now I'm lost.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it seems that the upgrade procedure just don't work.

Can someone at SwSoft give me a clue?

Is there another way to upgrade SB, considering I'll migrate all my sites to another server?
I'm planning a change to a bigger server, and I intend to upgrade both Plesk and SB from 7.5.4 to 8.1.0 and 2.1.3 to 3.0.2 respectively.
Using the Plesk's migration tool I can grab all my client's data from the old server.
Is there a way to do something like that for SB too?
Can I have a working Plesk 8.1.0 and SB 3.0.2 installation in the new server, and then import SB's data from the old version in some way, from backup files?

Thank you.

Alexandre

Re: I just can't upgrade from 2.1.3 to 3.0.2

Originally posted by zooming
Hello,

Then I have run the "sb_config --migrate_all" command, and everything was ok again.
But at this point SB was not working.
The site was not configured at Apache, so the Plesk's default page is showed.
The "/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/admin" folder is not there again.

After that I can suggest you check Sitebuilder configuration file:
/etc/httpd/conf.d/zz011_sitebuilder.conf.
Just make sure that IP address for Virtual Host and ServerName are appropriate. You can also use 'sb_config' command to configure Sitebuilder access:

# sb_config --sb_host_ip <IP Address> --sb_hostname <Sitebuilder Host Name>

Then just try to access Sitebuilder by URL.

As for migration process, I have some experience in it, but I did it a little bit differently:

1. With help of Sitebuilder 2.1.3 backup utility I created backup on the old server.
2. Fresh installation of 2.1.3 on new server.
3. Restoring backup on new installation with help of restore utility.
4. Upgrading Sitebuilder from 2.1.3 to 3.0.2

But your process is also correct. During migration please make sure that Sitebuilder versions are the same. Also, check Sitebuilder v.3 database (sitebuilder3 by default) and if you can see your sites in 'site' table then site migration should be successful. In case of successful migration I guess the only problem which can take place is Sitebuilder host name configuration for accessing Sitebuilder panel (I told about it in the beginning).
So try to check these things. I hope it helps. If you have any further questions , just ask I will try to help you.

RHEL4 + Plesk 8.1.0 + SB 3.0.2

Hello,

The last installation (RHEL4 + Plesk 8.1.0 + SB 3.0.2) is working fine.
The DNS zone for the test server was not configured properly, so I was getting the default site, not SB's site. Thanks for the tip.

I'm wondering if I can still "migrate" all sites from the old server to this new one, without reinstalling SB 2.1.3 just for upgrade it again.

I already have SB 3.0.2 installed and configured.

Is there a way so I can "migrate" the sites from a SB 2.1.3 backup in this server?

I have tried to put the SB's 2.1.3 "/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/users" folder in the SB's 3.0.2 directory, restoring the SB 2.1.3 database ("sitebuilder") and then calling "sb_config --migrate_all".

It didn't work, the migration script did not recognize the sites.
I have tried to take a look at this script, but it is an encoded PHP file.

I have also tried to copy the "config" file from the 2.1.3 include directory to the new one, but this didn't help either.

Do you know what the "sb_config --migrate_all" command expect to find so it can start a migration? If I could copy the right files/folders this script is expecting to find I think I'll be able to "migrate" everything.

If I can manage to do this kind of upgrade, migration to the new server will be much easier.

In this way I can configure Plesk 8.1.0 and use the Migration Manager to import
all Plesk's data, and then I can just restore SB's data in the new server.

Thank you.

Alexandre

RHEL4 + Plesk 8.1.0 + SB 2.1.3 then upgrade to 3.0.2, but still having problems

Hello,

I have managed to upgrade SB.

The path that worked for me is:
RHEL4 + Plesk 8.1.0 (installed with the autoinstaller script) + SB 2.1.3 (installed from the install package), then upgrade to 3.0.2

With Plesk, I think that I can use Plesk's migrator to copy all Plesk's data from Plesk 7.5.4
As far as I could see, there were no problems during migration.
I hope I'll not find any surprises after the real migration.

After restoring all SB 2.1.3 data, I have used the Plesk's 8.1.0 upgrader to install SB 3.0.2.
Everything went OK, then I have run the "sb_config" and "sb_config --migrate_all" commands withot problems.

After migration, not all the sites were there, and some of the ones that were imported have problems.

Some pages were imported without their content.

Pages with the SB 2.1.3's "Counter" module were imported with the text "here was a 'counter' module" and nothing more. The original page's text was stripped out and replaced by this message.

Pages with custom script inserted where imported without their text, only the script code was there.

I have not checked every page or module, but only these two cases alone will cause me enought problems, so they will force me think twice about this migration.

Only after the upgrade I have noticed that the new SB does not have all modules that were available in the old version.

Any information from SwSoft about these problems?

Thank you.

Alexandre

We are also having issues with the migration to SB 3.
I am looking to hire someone to help fix this - anyone interested ?
(yes, I've already paid Plesk $75- for a support ticket with no results yet)

Migration delayed

Hello,

I'll delay this migration, since it looks like I'll have a lot of trouble.

The "Counter" and "Script" modules problems are big enought for me.

I can't check and repair every costumer's page with this modules after migration, and I'll not have a replacement for the missing counter module anyway. Costumers will sure complain about "my counter that was there" after migration.

I have also noticed that some modules need a site "republish", or they will not work in the live sites.

So, I'll have to publish every site again or ask my costumers to do that.

I have mentioned in the previous post that not all sites were migrated. I think that this information may be not true, I'm not sure yet, and I have not made further tests to comprove this problem, so SB is probably importing ALL sites... but it is not importing without issues anyway.

I'll wait for a better solution from Swsoft :(

Alexandre

Hi there,

Is there still no solution for this problem??? I already opened a ticket, but... NO RESPONSE.

Back