• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade from 652

D

dwdietz

So there is no upgrade on this to get me to 7? Is there any documentation on doing an upgrade?

You can do an upgrade in a safe way by restoring 6.5 backup on the fresh install of Plesk 7. In-place upgrade is being tested right now - please note that we have to test every 6.5 minor version, plus combinations of initial version and subsequent 6.5 patches.

We just want to be cautious with potentially destructive in-place upgrade. 6.5.2 -> 7.0 is probably the easiest upgrade, but I would still recommend you to wait until we finish testing and release the final upgrade utility to the public.

All sounds good to me.
What is the ETA for this?

-Alon.

It really depends on what we will find during testing. So far we did not find a lot of bugs, but to me it means that we are not trying hard enough.

If anyone is willing to help us with testing of the migration utility in your environment (not on production systems please), let us know at [email protected]

6.5 backup and restore methods

Is there docs and doing a correct backup on the 6.5 system ? I would like to be sure i am doing it correctly before proceeding.

Originally posted by jaytee
It really depends on what we will find during testing. So far we did not find a lot of bugs, but to me it means that we are not trying hard enough.

If anyone is willing to help us with testing of the migration utility in your environment (not on production systems please), let us know at [email protected]

I've sent a msg to that email address. No reply.

-Alon.

Originally posted by SupermanInNY
I've sent a msg to that email address. No reply.

-Alon.
Please be patient. As soon as good build will be created, we'll send utility to you. We have found some problems with migration tools. Two or three systems was migrated successfully. One was failed. We manually fix it and continue to work on migration tool. I don't think that it will be better to break something working than wait some more days.
Thank you for assistance.

Originally posted by jaytee
You can do an upgrade in a safe way by restoring 6.5 backup on the fresh install of Plesk 7.
Just to confirm your instructions:-
1. Install backup utility on current Pleask 6.5.2 Installation
2. Back up all domains/websites to psa file
3. Uninstall Plesk 6.5.2
4. Install Plesk 7
5. Restore Configurations from PSA file

Is this correct?

Please wait some days. Migration utility is quite stable now. We are performing last cycle of tests before release it.
Everyone who have some test configurations (not production servers) and wants to test migrator on it, you are welcome to send email to address published by jaytee: [email protected]

Originally posted by shwonder
Please wait some days. Migration utility is quite stable now. We are performing last cycle of tests before release it.

Sorry, wan't putting pressure or anything...I understand you are all putting a lot of effort to get this utility right.

However, the "safe" method mentioned above appeals to me, even when the migration utility is realesed and stable, hence my previous quote....

Can i still use the "safe" method? And if so, are the steps I mentioned above the correct procedure to do this?

Originally posted by R3N3GADE
Can i still use the "safe" method? And if so, are the steps I mentioned above the correct procedure to do this?
On our test platforms it was correct procedure. But some our customers have found problems with webmail settings and some specific donains configurations. Most of problems were corrected manually, e.g. executing "websrvmng --reconfigure-all", "mchk" and other utilities but some problems were more difficult and required some analisys. Finally, all were corrected but it took some time.

Hopefully we will get the plesk 7 upgrade soon, I just started expriencing the non_ssl issue in one of my sites. I was told plesk 7 gets rid of it.

-Andres

Back