• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade from 7.02 to 7.0.3

F

frank-sup

I can`t upgrade from Plesk 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 becaus i get follow error :

Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of the version cannot continiue, To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Program on the Controll Panel.

I use file : plesk_7.0.3_build41216.02.msi

Must i delete my old version before i upgrade ??? or what`s wrong ?

Thanks for all help

Frank

Do yourself a favour and don't upgrade. If you want a non-functioning control panel, PHP and FTP - go ahead. ;)

I second that.

I would wait until SW-Soft patches their patch.

What that message means is you need to uninstall all of the hotfix patches and return to the default 7.0.0 install before installing 7.0.3.

Originally posted by frank-sup
I can`t upgrade from Plesk 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 becaus i get follow error :

Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of the version cannot continiue, To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Program on the Controll Panel.

I use file : plesk_7.0.3_build41216.02.msi

Must i delete my old version before i upgrade ??? or what`s wrong ?

Thanks for all help

Frank

1) Please look at the folder %plesk_dir% (it's a environment variable)
Do you see folder $plesk_703_sp$? It is usually hidden, you should check special box in explorer settings or enter full path to it. E.g. %plesk_dir%\$plesk_703_sp$ in explorer's address bar or "cd %plesk_dir%\$plesk_703_sp$" in command line.

2) Please look at the file version. What number do you see: 7.0.0 or 7.0.3?

If you do have folder %plesk_dir%\$plesk_703_sp$ but version is 7.0.0, please contact Plesk support and describe problem. You also can add URL on this topic in your ticket message. Support will help you for free.

Thank you.

I upgraded on Windows 2003 server to 7.0.3 fine. Also installed 2 fresh Windows 2003/Plesk 7.0.3 absolutely fine.

I cant believe nobody has spotted the problem tho!

frank-sup - You are using this file name:

plesk_7.0.3_build41216.02.msi

Thats the installer, the upgraders file name is:

plesk_7.0.3_sp2_build041216.02.msi

Back