• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 7.5.4 > 8.0 - License question

R

rvdmeer

Hi guys,

I'm wondering how safe it is to upgrade our Plesk 7.5.4 License to Plesk 8.0 License with the online tool. How big is the change of not getting the license correctly back. Please share your experience regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

And... next to that.. could someone tell me if its possible to restore backups from 7.5.4 into 8.0.0

I haven't heard many reports of problems with the 7.5.x to 8.x license upgrades... but your backup files will be useless. While sw-soft claimed that their new Backup/restore program would accept all prior backup versions, they essentially lied to their customers. The tool won't even recognise them.
You'll have to manually download the backup tool for 8.0 to your 7.5 box, and build your backups manually that way.

Ok thanks! i didnt know the tool was available for downloading for 7.5.4 downloads

Back