1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

upgrade gone bad

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by webcie, Dec 28, 2007.

1. webcie

webcie Guest

any suggestions for this error:

Product: Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows -- Error 1713. Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group. System Error: 1605.

It was an update ona fully patched server with plesk 8.2 and the additional patch

jef

2. tomoiaga

tomoiaga Guest

we are having issues with this Plesk 8.3. All servers were down due to this so called update. If 8.2 works fine at you, then forget about 8.3...

3. webcie

webcie Guest

I've created a ticket with support and the problem was caused by a missing windows installer cache for one of the parts of plesk. Since a couple of hours, 8.3 is running very smoothly.

What kind of problems are you having?

Jef

4. grfecom

grfecom Guest

5. webcie

webcie Guest

swsoft support solved it for me.

6. grfecom

grfecom Guest

Sweet! But, what was the problem?!! Somebody help please.

7. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello webcie,

What's support ticket number?

8. grfecom

grfecom Guest

Sergius and Webcie,

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you

9. botsman

botsman Guest

First of all try to run upgrade with log mode:

<plesk_distrib> /l*v c:\pleskupgradelog.txt

Once upgrade fails DO NOT CLICK OK on error message, but open created log file , go to the very end and try to see which one component fails to be upgraded. e.g. it would be spamassassin

Figuring it out, run 8.2 installer, go to Modify and remove issued component. Than try to run upgrade again. If it finishes sucessfully install missed component back.

If it doesn't help I believe the best way will be to submit ticket to swsoft support.

10. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  11. grfecom

grfecom Guest

Hi Sergius,

Thanks for your comment. I passed that step by recommended solution and it seemed that all is well, but couple of seconds after, another issue came up. Here is the error message and attached are the screen shot of the issue:

I tried to uninstall the old MySQL ODBC that is already installed with PLESK 8.2; however, when I run the PLESK uninstaller, I do see the MYSQL ODBC, but there is no way to unckeck it. I looked around to see if I can unstall it separately, but no luck. Even I tried to install the newer version of MySQL ODBC, the newer version installer also says that there is older version that can not be uninstalled.

I don't know WHY this upgrade is very complex, maybe I should take it easy and just have fun with older PLESK 8.2.

Thanks anyway and your comments are highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

12. JackL

JackL Guest

Use Microsoft cleanup utility to remove ODBC

John S.G.

13. grfecom

grfecom Guest

14. grfecom

grfecom Guest

URGENT: The old Plesk 8.2 is not accessible anymore!

PLEASE HELP!

There is another issue. All installation steps went well except the last 1 second. I received following error message. The screen shot is also attached FYI.

I really have no idea what is wrong this time. The old PLESK is not working anymore... I'm almost crying! Please help! :'(

Attached Files:

15. grfecom

grfecom Guest

Help! Help! Help!

SWSOFT Support! Please HELP!

Does anyone have any idea what's the meaning of "Internal Error 2720. 2"?!!

Attached Files:

16. grfecom

grfecom Guest

If I don't click OK on that dialogue box and login to the PLESK CP, following error report pops-up on the homepage of PLESK 8.3 CP:

If I press OK, control panel won't be accessible, neither 8.2 nor 8.3!

17. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello grfecom,

Please post support ticket via SWsoft Support Form and send me PM with ticket number.

18. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello grfecom,

We've found the following message in Event Viewer:

-----------
    Application popup: Warning : PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules\php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
    -----------

This library actually is absent on your server.
    Please check that all necessary modules of PHP 5.2.4 are in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules.

19. grfecom

grfecom Guest

Hi Sergius,

Thank you so much!

What's the best approch to solve this issue? The PHP that already is on the server originally installed by PLESK itself and we never touched it. I can reinstall it or even install the latest version separately (PHP 5.2.5), but does that anything wrong with Plesk?

Your advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

20. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello again Ehsan,

We've fixed installation - please pay attention with "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility".

Now it is necessary to reboot server - please do it and report here about result.