• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade gone bad

W

webcie

any suggestions for this error:

Product: Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows -- Error 1713. Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group. System Error: 1605.

It was an update ona fully patched server with plesk 8.2 and the additional patch

jef

we are having issues with this Plesk 8.3. All servers were down due to this so called update. If 8.2 works fine at you, then forget about 8.3...

I've created a ticket with support and the problem was caused by a missing windows installer cache for one of the parts of plesk. Since a couple of hours, 8.3 is running very smoothly.

What kind of problems are you having?

Jef

Sweet! But, what was the problem?!! Somebody help please.

Sergius and Webcie,

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you

Sergius and Webcie,

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you

First of all try to run upgrade with log mode:

<plesk_distrib> /l*v c:\pleskupgradelog.txt

Once upgrade fails DO NOT CLICK OK on error message, but open created log file , go to the very end and try to see which one component fails to be upgraded. e.g. it would be spamassassin

Figuring it out, run 8.2 installer, go to Modify and remove issued component. Than try to run upgrade again. If it finishes sucessfully install missed component back.

If it doesn't help I believe the best way will be to submit ticket to swsoft support.

Hi Sergius,

Thanks for your comment. I passed that step by recommended solution and it seemed that all is well, but couple of seconds after, another issue came up. Here is the error message and attached are the screen shot of the issue:

Product: MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 -- Error 1714.The older version of MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group. System Error 1612.

I tried to uninstall the old MySQL ODBC that is already installed with PLESK 8.2; however, when I run the PLESK uninstaller, I do see the MYSQL ODBC, but there is no way to unckeck it. I looked around to see if I can unstall it separately, but no luck. Even I tried to install the newer version of MySQL ODBC, the newer version installer also says that there is older version that can not be uninstalled.

I don't know WHY this upgrade is very complex, maybe I should take it easy and just have fun with older PLESK 8.2.

Thanks anyway and your comments are highly appreciated.

Attachments

• screen1.JPG
    screen1.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 83
  • screen2.JPG
    screen2.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 78
URGENT: The old Plesk 8.2 is not accessible anymore!

PLEASE HELP!

There is another issue. All installation steps went well except the last 1 second. I received following error message. The screen shot is also attached FYI.

I really have no idea what is wrong this time. The old PLESK is not working anymore... I'm almost crying! Please help! :'(

Product: Plesk 8.3 for Microsoft Windows -- Internal Error 2720. 2
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 69
Help! Help! Help!

SWSOFT Support! Please HELP!

Does anyone have any idea what's the meaning of "Internal Error 2720. 2"?!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 73
If I don't click OK on that dialogue box and login to the PLESK CP, following error report pops-up on the homepage of PLESK 8.3 CP:

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Invalid column name 'guid'.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:206
com->execute(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], [cr_date], [status], [dns_zone_id], [htype], [cl_id], [limits_id], [params_id], [cert_rep_id], [real_size], [guid] from [domains] where [id]=32', NULL null)
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:206
db_query(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], [cr_date], [status], [dns_zone_id], [htype], [cl_id], [limits_id], [params_id], [cert_rep_id], [real_size], [guid] from [domains] where [id]=32')
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Table.php:189
Table->select()
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Domain.php:140
Domain->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Domain.php:90
Domain->Domain(integer '32')
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:2939
objectMaker(string 'Domain', integer '32')
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\ui\client.domain.hosting.properties.php:189
plesk__client__domain__hosting__properties->getFlavor()
7: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:370
UIPointer->getMetaProperty(string 'adhoc-creation', boolean false)
8: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:404
UIPointer->allowsAdHocCreation()
9: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:957
UIPointer->validate(object of type UserAdmin)
10: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:51
Dashboard::fetchUIPointerValidation(string '/plesk/client@2/domain@32/hosting/properties/')
11: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:89
Dashboard::getUIPointerValidate(string '/plesk/client@2/domain@32/hosting/properties/', NULL null)
12: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:167
Dashboard::checkElement(object of type DashboardElement_shortcut, NULL null, boolean true)
13: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\DashboardElement.php:305
DashboardElement->getChild(NULL null, boolean false)
14: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\DashboardPreset.php:127
DashboardPreset->appendPreset(object of type DashboardPreset)
15: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\DashboardLocation.php:37
DashboardLocation->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
16: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:529
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
17: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\plesk.php:13

If I press OK, control panel won't be accessible, neither 8.2 nor 8.3!

Hello grfecom,

We've found the following message in Event Viewer:

-----------
Application popup: Warning : PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules\php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
-----------

This library actually is absent on your server.
Please check that all necessary modules of PHP 5.2.4 are in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\modules.

Hi Sergius,

Thank you so much!

What's the best approch to solve this issue? The PHP that already is on the server originally installed by PLESK itself and we never touched it. I can reinstall it or even install the latest version separately (PHP 5.2.5), but does that anything wrong with Plesk?

Your advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

What's the best approch to solve this issue? The PHP that already is on the server originally installed by PLESK itself and we never touched it. I can reinstall it or even install the latest version separately (PHP 5.2.5), but does that anything wrong with Plesk?

Your advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Hello again Ehsan,

We've fixed installation - please pay attention with "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility".

Now it is necessary to reboot server - please do it and report here about result.

Back