• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade of PHP5

N

NightMan

I am trying to upgrade the php to PHP5 using yum with ART's rpm base.
but it gives me a dependencies error. but the package is seems to be already there. how can I solve this?

[root@server root]# yum upgrade php
Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
Server: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 2 - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Finding obsoleted packages
Resolving dependencies
.....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package php-domxml needs php = 4.3.10-2.4, this is not available.

[root@server root]# rpm -q php-domxml
php-domxml-4.3.10-2.4
[root@server root]#

I solved the issue.

by the way, do you have the PHP5.2.x to get installed on a FC2 with PSA 8.1.1 ? if yes, is it stable?

I tried the following channel, but not getting any updates listed

[atomic-bleeding]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
baseurl=http://www.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/fedora/$releasever/$basearch

No not for FC2, Ive discontinued support for FC1, FC2, FC3, RH9 since they are no longer supported. FC4 might go that way soon as well since its also not supported. RHEL3/CentOS3 arent in the archive at the moment, but I might consider adding them again in the future.

sad :( , so if I install the php5.2 by my own, everything will break in the PLESK?

I use PHP 5.2.1 on CentOS4 with PSA 8.1 now. So no, PSA wont break, provided you're running on that platform. I expect to have similar success with FC5, FC6, and CentOS5/RHEL5.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
I use PHP 5.2.1 on CentOS4 with PSA 8.1 now. So no, PSA wont break, provided you're running on that platform. I expect to have similar success with FC5, FC6, and CentOS5/RHEL5.
Upgrade to FC6?

Hi Yes, I meant the CentOS 5.

I found out that was not supported yet. will wait until the PSA is ready for this version.

Back