• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP

P

postman

Is it safe to upgrade the PHP version without affecting the way Plesk operates? is there anything I should backup before doing this? I was thinking of installing the latest 5.0.4 version.
Cheers,
j

Forget it. Wait until Plesk-software is compatible with php 5.x

i think a lot of my problems stem from my version of php being 4.3.10 (specifically with how it handles foreach command) so i want to upgrade it to see if that solves my problems.
Could I upgrade to version 4.3.11 then? without messing Plesk up and if so what should I back up first?
thanks

You can use whatever version of php you want because Plesk has its own apache & php setup for the control pannel.

You may have problems with other php scripts as a result of upgrading to php 5 but it shouldn't affect Plesk.

>>Forget it. Wait until Plesk-software is compatible with php 5.x

Any dates for this.

Originally posted by akaplan

Any dates for this.

omg, whatta question.

As far as I have known Plesk for more than 5 years, I think, you
can ask me again if Plesk V 8.0 will come on the market.

Originally posted by akaplan

Any dates for this.

Plesk uses its own copy of php and apache that is integrated into the php control pannel system (you can't change it).

When you install php (either through yum, or rpms, or source) you are upgrading the php used by the copy of apache that runs your client sites and plesk does not use this copy of php. So infact a Plesk 7.5.3 system is compatable with PHP 5

Back