• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade pricing for v3 owners?

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
I don't see any special pricing for owners of v3. Or is there special upgrade pricing and I just haven't located it?

I heartily recommend supporting those who have supported SiteBuilder by providing an upgrade path at a reduced cost. There aren't that many new features in SiteBuilder 4, and some of the most sought-after features (such as ability to delete files from the server) have not been addressed in the v4 release (that I can see).

I think we should be able to simply upgrade and transfer the current v3 license to v4 with no additional cost... You're right, there aren't many changes.. just a few extra features.

I just recently purchased a license for v3 about 10 days ago and finally got it up and running after strugling with the SQlite issue and being forced to downgrade to SQlite 2.x.

The day after everything was working properly I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw version 4 was released.

Yep, so was I without any problems except a change of hostname. the upgrade added a prefix of "sitebuilder" to the hostname. Once I figured that out everything else was intact and working properly.

So what do people think of the new version? Is it worth it? Was the upgrade smooth? We had huge issues with our last upgrade so am very reluctant to touch the install again.

The google maps is very cool and it seems much faster now. I haven't had any issues like I did with 3.

I wish there were more templates though. For instance, I need to do a dog kennel site, but cannot find a good template to modify.

*fixed*

Back