• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Road Map from Plesk 8.2.0 to Plesk 8.3

H

hc_andy

Question 1.

Anyone know if I can go from Plesk 8.2.0 straight to Plesk 8.3 or is it better to upgrade to 8.2.1 then go from there to 8.3? My Updater on the Plesk Control Panel lists both Plesk 8.2.1 and Plesk 8.3.

Question 2.

Just say I have to go from Plesk 8.2.0 to Plesk 8.2.1, is it best to update via the control panel or from the command line using /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller?

And are there any known issues with the upgrade from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1 (have searched forum and can't find any issues).

Thanks.

i would recomend using the shell auto installer where possible
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

its been a bit more reliable for people, and you have a little better understanding of what it is doing and when.

There has not been any reported problems in either ugprade path at this point, way back when going from 8.2.0 -> .1 was a death sentence, but its fairly stable now.

Thanks

Any one know if I still need to go from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1 or can I jump from 8.2.0 to 8.3.0 using the autoinstaller? Or will the autoinstaller somehow figure out which release it needs to update first? Thanks.

Usually I go though each one, step by step, even if take more, if something goes wrong, it is much more easy to debug it.

Back