• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade without Internet access

E

ehout

Hi,

At the moment I have a working Plesk 8.6 installation here. Due to some reasons I need to upgrade to 9.0.
However, this server is only used for internal purposes and has (and will not get) access to the internet.
This was no problem when upgrading from 8.3 to 8.6. I just downloaded the rpm's and pointed the updater to a local server. Wanted to do the same for upgrade to 9.0, but this does not work. problem is that parallel insists on getting a key from the internet first. I wanted to be smart and upgraded the key to upload it manually, like I used to before, however the keyformat has changed :-( so the 8.6 version does NOT accept the new key.

So, I have this 8.6 installation and this 9.0 key and no internet access. How do I get this thing upgraded to 9.0?

Or: suppose I point th ka.swsoft domainname to a local server (via hosts file). What info/files do I need to put there to let plesk think it has the right keyinfo and continues installation?

Back