• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading 7.5.0 to 7.5.1 fails

J

JHarland

It fails with the following error:
Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing php-pgsql-4.3.4-11.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
php = 4.3.4-11 is needed by php-pgsql-4.3.4-11

The PHP version on my vhosts is 4.3.10 and the PHP version in my psa area is 4.3.9.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
James.

You simply need to update *all* your php and php modules together.. The error message is from the package manager making sure you have the same versions of all the php stuff matching.

If doing this from the command line, and you have all your php RPM's in one directory, you'd cd into that directory and type rpm -Uvh php*

Thanks.

Another thing that baffles me is it says php 4.3.4-11, does that mean its a revision of php 4.3.4 or that it is ACTUALLY 4.3.11?

OK, so my question is now this: Why is Plesk looking for such an old version of PHP?

who knows, I *always* have problems with the plesk updates, so I tend to do 'em manually. Sometimes even have to --force things to get 'em to install. Some folks have great luck with the atomicrocketturtle.com yum updates, might give that a try .

I'm still hashing out the "rpm hell" on my server, trying to get plesk's autoupdater to work. Its a challenge, and I just want to see it work -- once -- and I'll be happy :D Mine tries to install mysql-3.x.x everytime I update, when I already have (mysql.com's) mysql-4 RPM's on the box. I had to hack up the /etc/init.d/mysqld script to get psa-7.5.1 installed.

Originally posted by Brains
I'm still hashing out the "rpm hell" on my server, trying to get plesk's autoupdater to work. Its a challenge, and I just want to see it work -- once -- and I'll be happy :D Mine tries to install mysql-3.x.x everytime I update, when I already have (mysql.com's) mysql-4 RPM's on the box. I had to hack up the /etc/init.d/mysqld script to get psa-7.5.1 installed.

Whats the actual RPM name of your MySQL install
if it is not exactly spelled

mysql

then Plesk autoupdater trys to install it thinking its not there meaning that if it is spelled mysql-4, MySQL, ect. your going to have the issue with the autoupdater not working. mine was spelled MySQL before i fixed it.

I had the same problem on my server. To solve it I have to rpm -e the mysql packages and then (since im in need of MySQL 4 support) I yum installed mysql from ART. The ART rpm kept to the lower case spelling which the autoupdater seemed to like alot and MySQL also began showing in my installed components as an installed component where as before it didnt :p

Now updater works great!

I am not positive if that is the true issue but it was what I gathered while fixing the issue.

Originally posted by JHarland
OK, so my question is now this: Why is Plesk looking for such an old version of PHP?

Plesk looks for the most current version provided by your vendor for the specific version of the OS you're using.

I'm using the rpm's from mysql.com, and yes - they use the upper/lower case naming. That's not the only RPM's I'm having issue with, but I must say its not Plesk's issue - its mine. I've made quite a few changes to the base RH ES3 setup for various reasons, and the auto updater gets tripped up on the depends every time. I'll check out ART's mysql packages, if nothing else I'll build my own rpm's and install those.

Originally posted by Cranky
Plesk looks for the most current version provided by your vendor for the specific version of the OS you're using.
I'm using Fedora Core 2, I'm sure it came installed with at least 4.3.9 :confused:

Oh well ... I don't use autoupdater so I don't know it very well at all, but that doesn't sound right to me. :)

Thing is, it fails on php-pgsql, but I didn't even tell it to install PostgreSQL :(

Output:
phpAds-2.0-1
phpBook-1.50-1
phpDig-1.83-7
phpMyFamily-1.3-1
phpWiki-1.2-6
php-xslt-1.0-0
php-domxml-4.3.10-2.4
php-mbstring-4.3.10-2.4
php-pear-4.3.10-2.4
phpBB-2.0.11-1
phpBugTracker-1.1-2
phpMoney-1.3-5
phpsurveyor-0.98-6
php-imap-4.3.10-2.4
php-mysql-4.3.10-2.4
php-4.3.10-2.4

Do i need to rpm -Uvh *.rpm to the /base/ folder of the PSA 7.5.1 files? if so, i get this error:
base]# rpm -Uvh *.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.0-fc2.build75041208.20
psa = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-manual-custom-skin-guide-7.5.0-fc2.build75041208.20
psa-api-common = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-1.3.2-3
psa-locale-base = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-pre-7.5.0-fc2.build75041125.15

You can --nodeps it but make sure you update those RPM's from the opt directory later.

So if i just do nodeps on all the rpms in each folder, i should be ok?

Just wanna clarify before i go ruining my install ;)

Back