• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading 8.1.1 to 8.2.0 - Catastrophic failure

tino

Basic Pleskian
I have tried upgrading my 8.1.1. to 8.2.0.

The result;
Code:
Starting xinetd service...                                           done
Starting named service...                                            done
Starting mysqld service...                                           done
Starting qmail service...                                            done
Starting courier-imap service...                                     done
Starting postgresql service...                                       not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service...                                 not installed
Starting Plesk...                                                    failed
Starting drwebd service...                                           not installed

Plesk won't start anymore.

Tino

I just got the same problem on my test server. The 8.1.1 upgrade went fine (after some problems with their update servers being down), but now it just trashes Plesk completely and it won't start any more (also not after a reboot). I also didn't receive any update process mails before it went wrong.

Good that this problem only affects my home test server. I don't do any Plesk upgrades any more without testing them first.

I'm on CentOS 4.5 with all latest updates. What's your os?

Same problem here on my test server. CentOS 4.5 with all updates.

I've tried it three times now. I keep ending up with the same situation; I can no longer start the psa service. (Not even after a reboot.)

I have Centos 4.5 too. (Hmmm.. something in common?)

Luckily it's a VE, so I can restore the whole thing in a jiffy.

Tino

Something is telling me that I should wait before upgrading. Using 4.5 myself too.

Did you manage to sort the problems?

Thanks,
Andres

As for me; no.
I restored the server and think I'll sit this one out. Wait for 8.2.1 or something. :)

I've tried three times. That's enough...

Tino

Which method did you all use to upgrade? I was using the Web Updater in the Plesk Admin when it failed.

I'm going to give the autoinstaller a try now using the SSH for upgrading :)

Don't try it...

I started with the web upgrade - failed.
Then the Autoinstaller - success but no change on the GUI (still shows 8.1.1) and also I get an "no such field UID" whenever I try to manage one of the domains or customers.

This SUCKS big time - I wonder why no one from Plesk support bothers to post back here - 50% of the front page posts yell out "error upgrading..."

VERY disappointed from this upgrade I wish I could undo as now I'm stuck.
:confused:

I have tried upgrading through the Plesk Updater and though Virtuozzo Templates (update the VE). Both types failed miserably.

I got a lot of errors, here are some excerpts;

Operation update with the VPS(s) VEID202 in VPS 202 packages: psa-firewall is finished with errors: #3503 Can not update packages: error: %pre(psa-firewall-1.0.1-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-firewall-1.0.1-cos4.build82070706.15 Error in Transaction: One or more rpm failed. ERROR: package manager exited with 1 retcode .
Operation update with the VPS(s) VEID202 in VPS 202 packages: psa is finished with errors: #3503 Can not update packages: error: %post(psa-backup-manager-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-migration-manager-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %pre(psa-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15 error: %post(psa-api-rpc-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %pre(psa-watchdog-2.0.2-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-watchdog-2.0.2-cos4.build82070706.15 error: %pre(psa-firewall-1.0.1-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-firewall-1.0.1-cos4.build82070706.15 rkhunter: no process killed Error in Transaction: One or more rpm failed. ERROR: package manager exited with 1 retcode .
Operation update with the VPS(s) VEID202 in VPS 202 packages: awstats, courier-imap, fasttrack, httpd, httpd-suexec, krb5-libs, log4cpp-plesk, Mambo, merchant, mod_perl, mod_ssl, osCommerce, Owl, perl-Apache-ASP, perl-Font-AFM, perl-FreezeThaw, perl-HTML-Format, perl-HTML-Tree, perl-MLDBM, perl-MLDBM-Sync, phpDig, psa, psa-api, psa-api-rpc, psa-autoinstaller, psa-awstats-configurator, psa-backup-manager, psa-backup-manager-vz, psa-courier-imap-add, psa-firewall, psa-ftputil, psa-horde, psa-imp, psa-ingo, psa-kronolith, psa-libpam-plesk, psa-locale-base-en-US, psa-logrotate, psa-manual-custom-skin-guide, psa-migration-manager, psa-mimp, psa-mnemo, psa-passwd, psa-php4-configurator, psa-proftpd, psa-proftpd-xinetd, psa-pylibplesk, psa-qmail, psa-selinux, psa-turba, psa-updates, psa-watchdog, SSHTerm is finished with errors: #3503 Can not update packages: Error: Missing Dependency: httpd = 2.0.52-32.2.ent.centos4 is needed by package httpd-suexec ERROR: package manager exited with 1 retcode .
Operation update with the VPS(s) VEID202 in VPS 202 packages: perl-Apache-ASP, perl-Font-AFM, perl-FreezeThaw, perl-HTML-Format, perl-HTML-Tree, perl-MLDBM, perl-MLDBM-Sync, phpDig, psa, psa-horde, psa-imp, psa-ingo, psa-kronolith, psa-mimp, psa-mnemo, psa-passwd, psa-php4-configurator, psa-turba, psa-watchdog, SSHTerm is finished with errors: #3503 Can not update packages: Could not find update match for psa warning: /usr/local/psa/version saved (VZ) as /usr/local/psa/version.rpmorig error: %post(psa-8.2.0-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-horde-3.1.4-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-imp-4.1.4-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-turba-2.1.4-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-mnemo-2.1.1-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %post(psa-kronolith-2.1.5-cos4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %pre(psa-watchdog-2.0.2-cos4.build82070706.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-watchdog-2.0.2-cos4.build82070706.15 Error in Transaction: One or more rpm failed. ERROR: package manager exited with 1 retcode .

And a lot of others. I didn't even pay much attention to the errors; installation failed, PSA won't start... what can you do...
Had to restore the server.

I just tried again today... Same error.. Same problem...

No one that fixed it? I have create a ticket with SW Support. But that might take some time...

Tino

It didn't help me, but here's an answer from SWSupport:

Check the Plesk admin password. If admin password contains special character as '#' you must change admin password. The admin password can be by changed:

# export PSA_PASSWORD="new_password";/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd

Check also if mysql server is started.

Well, I will have to renew my support contract. :-(

I cannot even install the 8.2.0 eztemplate to a brand new VE. This is a real disappointment.

Tino

I am getting a similar error when I tried to update from 8.1.1 to 8.2 and my hosting company is offering no support for this. I believed it was clearly an upgrade problem, but oh well.

My error is Internal Plesk error occurred: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'uid' in 'field list'

Any ideas how to fix this or roll it back?

Thanks

Back