1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading from old ModernBill

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by adhawkins, Feb 10, 2012.

1. adhawkins

adhawkins New Pleskian

23%
    Hi,

I have been running a ModernBill v4 installation since December 2004. Recently my server (running Plesk 9.5.4) has had PHP upgraded and I can no longer log in to the ModernBill installation.

Is it possible to upgrade this installation to the most recent version of Plesk Billing?

Thanks

Andy

2. DmitryK.

DmitryK. Regular Pleskian

30%
    Hello,

I think it is possible to upgrade your installation to the most recent version of Plesk Billing.

3. adhawkins

adhawkins New Pleskian

23%
    I'm interested in both whether it's technically possible, and also whether the license I have covers me for this upgrade.

I'm having no luck in contacting Parallels direct, as all their forms require me to have a product ID for one of their products.

Andy

4. EugeneL

EugeneL Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello, adhawkins

There is a migration path from MB 4.4.x to Plesk Billing 6.x
    I have an internal document describing the procedure but the process is quite complicated and probably unstable.
    Now I'm trying to find out if there is a professional service in Parallels Support Team to help you with migration.
    After you migrate to Plesk Billing 6, you will be able to move further and migrate to Customer & Business Manager 10.4.4 as the latest version of software.

To migrate to Plesk Biling 6 you will need to buy Plesk Billing 6 license or use trial one if you will move to CBM 10.4 later - in this case you'll need to buy Plesk 10+ license with CBM enabled (Plesk Hosting Suite license).

While I'm trying to find out details, can you provide me more info about your installation (you may use private message if you want):
    1. How many customers/subscriptions do you have?
    2. What panel modules (Plesk, cPanel, ...) do you use?
    3. What domain registrars (eNom, OpenSRS, ...) do you use?
    4. What payment gateways (Authorize.NET, BluePay, ...) do you use?
    5. Do you use SSLfactory to sell SSL certificates?
    6. Do you use FraudGuardian for fraud screening?

5. DeadSetTech

DeadSetTech Guest

Hi EugeneL,

Were you able to get more info on this or do you need details from me as well?

I am currently using Plesk 10.4.4 and running ModernBill separately with about 80 customers and around 150 subscriptions (Hosting accounts/Domains)

Thanks

6. DeadSetTech

DeadSetTech Guest

Should be easy, lol, some script to convert the data to Plesk Billing 6 and then import to CBM?? Can't be that hard, lol.